This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I read a rumor that the E4 will be based on stats and not types.

#1CyD13Posted 7/20/2013 3:35:03 PM
I sure hope that's true, have one E4 member be based on

Attack
Speed
Defense/Special Defense
Special Attack

That would be a great way to switch things up and give a bit more challenge.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#2reaverzPosted 7/20/2013 3:36:08 PM
I would love an E4 that doesn't use types as a theme. Let that be a Gym thing...
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#3CharizardFirePosted 7/20/2013 3:38:35 PM
*Brings in a Pokémon with high Defense, a priority user, a mixed attacker, and a Pokémon with high Special Defense*

What challenge?
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#4Haku125Posted 7/20/2013 3:39:12 PM
WTF? That's F***ing stupid. The point is that the Elite 4 are the best of the best. In all areas of stats. I'm so angry
---
Superbot: Oh you want us to nerf Sackboy? Here why don't we break the game for you!
#5CyD13(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 3:39:56 PM
Haku125 posted...
WTF? That's F***ing stupid. The point is that the Elite 4 are the best of the best. In all areas of stats. I'm so angry

Um... Yea why are you so angry?
---
Posted using GameFlux
#6zrh5033Posted 7/20/2013 3:45:31 PM
I'd prefer them to be based on stat that way it would be a bigger challenge. I breezed through W2s e4 with just using my Hydreigon, Drifblim, and vaporeon. No challenge.
---
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas! <(^_^<)(>^_^)>
Official Yarne of the FE: Awakening Board! Bunny monster!!!
#7Haku125Posted 7/20/2013 3:46:51 PM
CyD13 posted...
Haku125 posted...

Um... Yea why are you so angry?

Because it is screwing with my childhood. Elite 4 has ALWAYS BEEN TYPE.
---
Superbot: Oh you want us to nerf Sackboy? Here why don't we break the game for you!
#8MightyRevenantPosted 7/20/2013 3:48:16 PM
Haku125 posted...
Because it is screwing with my childhood.

Sigh...

(Not that I'd like the idea as much as types, but it's still interesting.)
---
Official Eviolite of the pretentious Pokemon fanbase on GameFAQs.
#9Marcx629Posted 7/20/2013 3:48:48 PM
I'd prefer if they focused on specific strategies. Trick room teams, weather teams, baton pass strats, getting truant off slaking, stall strats, etc. Stuff that makes you think of counter strategies for them. Rematches can result in a different strategy or maybe a tougher AI so a counter strategy you did earlier wont work again.

The E4 are supposed to be the best of the best. Locking them into types makes it easy to sweep them. Stat focus could play a role in it though, but it shouldn't be the only thing that separates them.
---
In case of a Zombie Apocalypse, follow me!
Add my 3DS FC: 2535-4356-9059 Name:Marcx
#10The_Undying_84Posted 7/20/2013 3:59:21 PM
zrh5033 posted...
I'd prefer them to be based on stat that way it would be a bigger challenge. I breezed through W2s e4 with just using my Hydreigon, Drifblim, and vaporeon. No challenge.

Yeah types makes it extremely easy. It takes four types to SE sweep the entire Pokemon league in B/W2. Challenge mode rematch only adds one Pokemon, Metagross, that breaks that plan up. So you could do it with just one Pokemon, and even a bad 8 year old could pull it off with a full team.
---
PSN: TheUndying84