This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fun theory about Team Flare

#1jnetheryPosted 7/20/2013 8:46:07 PM
Team Flare's boss is Blaine - the Cinnabar Island (Fire-Type) Gym Leader. While he was a gym leader, he sent thieves into the mansion on Cinnabar to recover the research notes pertaining to the Mewtwo experiment. This is why you find the key to the gym inside the mansion, and thieves in the mansion as well as in his gym.

Years have passed, and he has turned his thieving lackeys into Team Flare. The lackey's are only in it for the money (being thieves and all), but Blaine has been trying to use the data from the Mewtwo experiment to create an even more powerful Pokemon (hence, the new Mewtwo forme(s)).

What do you think?
---
1: If you think your opinion is fact, then I will ignore you.
2: If you butcher the English language or abuse Netspeak, see #1.
#2nekamiPosted 7/20/2013 8:48:20 PM
Not bad. I still think they should be Team FLAIR! tho.
---
NekoHime64's alt.
"Though the name may change, the person underneath remains the same"
#3Vampyro94Posted 7/20/2013 8:50:00 PM
Your theory is brilliant, I had a similar idea when I first heard the team will be called team flare. I put the pieces together like you did and figured that there was a connection with the new mewtwo form. I hope it actually plays into the storyline though.
---
FC: 0791 1560 0928
#4jnethery(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 8:54:12 PM
Thanks! I'd love to see this kind of callback to Kanto. It just fits so perfectly.
---
#5INUSEINUSEPosted 7/20/2013 9:05:09 PM
I don't get if it's the past, or the future. The idea of blaine having a role in this is interesting
#6Vampyro94Posted 7/20/2013 9:05:54 PM
jnethery posted...
Thanks! I'd love to see this kind of callback to Kanto. It just fits so perfectly.

Same here but I also want to see some aspects of ruby and sapphire because they skipped those remakes. They should have at least added a water themed team also to rival team flare.
---
FC: 0791 1560 0928
#7jnethery(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 9:08:26 PM
INUSEINUSE posted...
I don't get if it's the past, or the future. The idea of blaine having a role in this is interesting

X/Y would be set some years after R/G/B. Blaine used the research he recovered from his time as a gym leader to create the new Mewtwo forme(s).
---
#8the_cajun88Posted 7/20/2013 9:09:49 PM
Hah! You better have Burn Heal.
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg
#9GameNinjaGuyPosted 7/20/2013 9:11:49 PM
It kind of makes sense about the fossil thing too, because IIRC you revive fossils on Cinnabar in Kanto
---
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it!
My SSB4 roster: http://tinyurl.com/ctaqf3x
#10jnethery(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 9:13:40 PM
GameNinjaGuy posted...
It kind of makes sense about the fossil thing too, because IIRC you revive fossils on Cinnabar in Kanto

Indeed you do! Perhaps during his research he discovered/awakened the Fairy-type as well?
---