This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wonder if they'll change the EV/IV system...

#1raazychxPosted 7/20/2013 9:55:23 PM
... Doubtful, but...
#2DweezleMoonunitPosted 7/20/2013 9:57:01 PM
They said they'd make them more visible, if that counts.
---
What does a nosy pepper do? It gets Jalapeno business.
Official Frank Zappa of Every Board
#3JarickoPosted 7/20/2013 9:57:32 PM
Its not impossible. There was talk of at least making it simpler. I would love them getting rid of it entirely though or swapping it to a controlled system.
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#4TherianReturnsPosted 7/20/2013 9:58:33 PM
IMO, the EV and IV system is just fine. Maybe make the maximum EVs increase to 720? teehee
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
#5AysanderPosted 7/20/2013 10:03:09 PM
TherianReturns posted...
IMO, the EV and IV system is just fine. Maybe make the maximum EVs increase to 720? teehee

Remove IV's entirely then...31 x 6 perfect hacks are getting kinda boring. XD It's why I quickly get bored of Smogon, no real variety or randomness.
#6JarickoPosted 7/20/2013 10:13:39 PM
Aysander posted...
TherianReturns posted...

Remove IV's entirely then...31 x 6 perfect hacks are getting kinda boring. XD It's why I quickly get bored of Smogon, no real variety or randomness.

Trick room teams only use 31 x 5 and then a 0 but i understand what your getting at. I think IV's and EV's are bad game design either way though. I would not mind a UI think that tallies up the points and lets use spend it where we want though. Least that way its less annoying.
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#7AysanderPosted 7/20/2013 10:16:44 PM
Jaricko posted...
Aysander posted...
TherianReturns posted...

Trick room teams only use 31 x 5 and then a 0 but i understand what your getting at. I think IV's and EV's are bad game design either way though. I would not mind a UI think that tallies up the points and lets use spend it where we want though. Least that way its less annoying.

Mmhm lol
#8GoldenSWarriorsPosted 7/20/2013 10:18:41 PM
it almost seems harder to get the ivs you want if you're using a trick room team

oh, and the very worst thing is getting the correct hidden power with a base power of 70
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
http://i.minus.com/iyd6J984Oz8cy.gif
#9Overlord_ZeratoPosted 7/20/2013 10:47:54 PM
They might I think. HP Fairy, how do?
#10BlackBloodDragoPosted 7/20/2013 10:55:40 PM
Jaricko posted...
Aysander posted...
TherianReturns posted...

It really isn't bad game design, if anything its good, it encourages capturing, breeding and trading. It helps things stay more varied and intertaining. The problem arises with hackers who abuse it for perfect Pokemon.
---
FC: 3480-3950-4456 Official Arcanine Master of Pokemon X/Y
''If Stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?''-Will Rogers