This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So...Luvdisc and Alomomola.

#1zeloswilder_fanPosted 7/20/2013 10:49:49 PM
Do you think that it'd be too late to make these two related by evolution? I've always been near-convinced that Alomomola was designed before some high power decreed that no Gen V Pokemon can be related to pre-existing Pokemon.
---
XBL: heaven eater; Wii U: AntinomyTG
"Pessimism is just an ugly word for pattern recognition." -Anonymous
#2FuneralCakePosted 7/20/2013 10:50:45 PM
If it didn't happen in gen 5, it's never going to happen.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#3LexifoxPosted 7/20/2013 10:51:28 PM
People need to get over the fact that they're not related and based on two different kinds of fish.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#4MyNameIsNotJenPosted 7/20/2013 10:53:17 PM
Yes. They will have a 2nd stage to bridge that connection in Gen VI :)
Also, the same will go for Bouffalant and Tauros.
---
~When Pontius comes to kill the king upon his throne,
I'm ready for their stones~
#5FuneralCakePosted 7/20/2013 10:55:29 PM
See, I can understand why Luvdisc and Alomomola would be related, but Tauros and Bouffalant... No.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#6LexifoxPosted 7/20/2013 10:57:55 PM
FuneralCake posted...
See, I can understand why Luvdisc and Alomomola would be related, but Tauros and Bouffalant... No.

This too. If anything, connect Tauros and Miltank.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#7ljobenzaPosted 7/20/2013 11:02:41 PM
Lexifox posted...
People need to get over the fact that they're not related and based on two different kinds of fish.

Remoraid > Octillery
#8LexifoxPosted 7/20/2013 11:14:06 PM
ljobenza posted...
Lexifox posted...

Remoraid > Octillery

Yes, but they were clearly intended to be linked, as they made the two in the same gen. They were fully aware of Luvdisc's existence and could have made the two connect and purposely chose against it.

If you want to argue that they could have done so because of a "whole new Pokedex", then they would have made Alomomola appear in the wild and need incense to breed it (incense is post-game), restricted breeding (say, not allowing incense until National Dex), or something similar. Alternatively, they could have simply NOT put it in the Unova Dex. Seeing as how they waited a gen to put Shellos and Gastrodon into the game, they clearly don't have too many issues with waiting.

They also made the two very different. Alomola doesn't have any hold items in the wild, when Luvdisc is noted to have Heart Scales. Evolution-linked Pokemon tend to have similar items.

Alomomola has an egg group that Luvdisc isn't a part of, and egg groups don't really change except for baby Pokemon.

Alomomola has three abilities to Luvdisc's two, and Alo's are themed to have a healing motif while Luvdisc still has Swift Swim and Hydration - they could have given Luv a second standard ability but did not.

In terms of egg moves, Luvdisc gets considerably different moves compared to Alo. The only time you really see differences in egg groups is with incense-produced Pokemon, and even then there are only one or two moves difference.
---
#9MyNameIsNotJenPosted 7/20/2013 11:15:32 PM
ljobenza posted...
Lexifox posted...

Remoraid > Octillery

^This, pretty much. Anything can evolve to anything :)
---
~When Pontius comes to kill the king upon his throne,
I'm ready for their stones~
#10LexifoxPosted 7/20/2013 11:22:26 PM
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
ljobenza posted...
Lexifox posted...

Remoraid > Octillery

^This, pretty much. Anything can evolve to anything :)

See my response.
---