This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So...Luvdisc and Alomomola.

#11MyNameIsNotJenPosted 7/20/2013 11:26:40 PM
Lexifox posted...
See my response.

Oh? Your response on how different Alomomola and Luvdisc are..but not on how you can explain a fish evolving into an octopus? Just because they were introduced in the same generation?
---
~When Pontius comes to kill the king upon his throne,
I'm ready for their stones~
#12FuneralCakePosted 7/20/2013 11:27:54 PM
Remoraid: Fish based on a gun
Octillery: Octopus based on a cannon

Gun -> cannon

It makes sense.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#13LexifoxPosted 7/20/2013 11:31:40 PM
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
Lexifox posted...
See my response.

Oh? Your response on how different Alomomola and Luvdisc are..but not on how you can explain a fish evolving into an octopus? Just because they were introduced in the same generation?

Remoraid is based on the archerfish, known for being a very accurate shot. The fish's Japanese name has "gun" in it. It keeps a gun theme to it.

Octillery's Japanese name has "tank" in it. It's got a cannon/artillery thing, and its signature attack is Octazooka (Japanese name has "cannon" in it.

You gave a gun becoming a cannon.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#14MyNameIsNotJenPosted 7/20/2013 11:37:29 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Remoraid: Fish based on a gun
Octillery: Octopus based on a cannon

Gun -> cannon

It makes sense.

Lexifox posted...
Remoraid is based on the archerfish, known for being a very accurate shot. The fish's Japanese name has "gun" in it. It keeps a gun theme to it.

Octillery's Japanese name has "tank" in it. It's got a cannon/artillery thing, and its signature attack is Octazooka (Japanese name has "cannon" in it.

You gave a gun becoming a cannon.

Ok. I get what you guys are saying, but a gun evolving into a cannon makes more logical sense than a heart-shaped fish evolving into an even bigger heart-shaped fish? I don't understand the logic there...sorry if this sounds like I'm trolling..I'm not.
You know deep down inside me, I feel that GF wanted those Pokemon to be a part of the same evolution family, but opted out of it since a "fresh" and "brand-new" start was what they were going for. Hmhhmm?
---
#15LexifoxPosted 7/20/2013 11:38:55 PM
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
You know deep down inside me, I feel that GF wanted those Pokemon to be a part of the same evolution family, but opted out of it since a "fresh" and "brand-new" start was what they were going for. Hmhhmm?

I already explained how they went out of their way to avoid connecting the two.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#16FuneralCakePosted 7/20/2013 11:41:03 PM
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
Ok. I get what you guys are saying, but a gun evolving into a cannon makes more logical sense than a heart-shaped fish evolving into an even bigger heart-shaped fish? I don't understand the logic there

I'm not saying that it makes more logical sense, just that it makes sense for Remoraid to evolve into Octillery.

I do think that Luvdisc should have evolved into Alomomola, but like I said, if it didn't happen in gen 5, it's never gonna happen.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#17MyNameIsNotJenPosted 7/20/2013 11:43:58 PM
Lexifox posted...
I already explained how they went out of their way to avoid connecting the two.

FuneralCake posted...
I'm not saying that it makes more logical sense, just that it makes sense for Remoraid to evolve into Octillery.

I do think that Luvdisc should have evolved into Alomomola, but like I said, if it didn't happen in gen 5, it's never gonna happen.

Ok :)
But seriously, I would die if they connected them in Gen VI.
---