This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will the new games have cheat codes?

#1GamingAntPosted 7/20/2013 10:10:47 PM
Hello fellow pokemon trainers! I'm not a very good pokemon trainer so I was hoping that Gamefreak would accommodate the "low-skilled" trainers and put in official cheat codes? Like "Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B,A for level 99 pikachu" type of codes? Not asking for gameshark, just legitimate cheating. Thank you in advance!
---
I'll have a number nine, a number nine large, a number six with extra sauce, a number seven, two number forty-fives, one wit' cheese, and a large soda
#2javel34Posted 7/20/2013 10:13:30 PM
Hold down A to up your chance of catching Pokemon.

Use you ditto to transform into a rival trainers Pokemon, if it stays in that form for an hour it is stuck as that Pokemon.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 http://zettai-cosplay.deviantart.com/art/Skyla-Cosplay-244148531 my wife. Doesn't count Tiger, this ones real.
#3LexifoxPosted 7/20/2013 10:15:27 PM
L + R + Start + Select to give yourself a 100% chance of catching the target, but only against shiny Pokemon.

That said, I don't see them doing this. At all.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#4KaizukezuPosted 7/20/2013 10:17:31 PM
Do Gamesharks even exist anymore? I thought Action Replay was the new "in" thing for Pokemon cheats.

Most games these days don't really have much for in game cheat codes like the old games used to. The kind of cheats you'll find are likely to be "Breed this Pokemon with this Pokemon, and the hatched Pokemon will obtain this powerful attack."
#5BerserkLeonPosted 7/21/2013 10:32:24 AM
No. Missingno was not there on purpose, and neither were the cloning glitches.
There will never be an AR for 3ds because nintendo's a bunch of asses and locked down their system tighter than fort knox. Even if Datel copied the boot method for official cartridges, they'd get sued if they ever released it.
And yeah, gameshark might as well not exist anymore.

If there's ever anything to cheat on the 3ds it will be through a device that is literally illegal.
#6Luigi playerPosted 7/21/2013 10:36:23 AM
There is no need to be good at anything in Pokemon. You can have slow reaction time, you don't need to know anything, just the basics.

The only real thing you need is a lot of time.
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/
#7SirPikachuPosted 7/21/2013 12:33:50 PM
BerserkLeon posted...
There will never be an AR for 3ds because nintendo's a bunch of asses and locked down their system tighter than fort knox. Even if Datel copied the boot method for official cartridges, they'd get sued if they ever released it.

If there's ever anything to cheat on the 3ds it will be through a device that is literally illegal.

Really? I didn't know that. That's cool though, I'm tired of people who hack in the perfect pokémon and then call themselves awesome players.
#8Montymole11Posted 7/21/2013 1:01:29 PM
BerserkLeon posted...

Just saw an AR 3DS in GameStop.
---
Official Chespin of the XY Boards.
Check out my awesome Pokemon website at https://www.pokemonxystuff.wordpress.com
#9sumuthergamerPosted 7/21/2013 1:33:59 PM(edited)
Montymole11 posted...
BerserkLeon posted...

Just saw an AR 3DS in GameStop.

It appears to be one that also works for DS.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=3ds%20action%20replay&sprefix=3ds+action+replay%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3A3ds%20action%20replay

UPDATE:
On further snooping, it appears that Nintendo and Datel are in an update war. Nintendo is creating updates that stop the AR, and Datel is reacting by creating updates that bypass them. LOL, this is pretty funny.
http://www.amazon.com/review/R2RXQE7LIOY3G8/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00A1AQJAO&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=468642&store=videogames#wasThisHelpful
---
sumuthergamer = some other gamer. Get it?
Call me "gamer", not "sumu"...
#10Soul_of_YveltalPosted 7/21/2013 1:34:00 PM
It is not compatible with 3ds games.
---
I am the true Yveltal.