This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Evolution methods you would like to see retconn'd?

#1Scott1187Posted 7/20/2013 11:17:20 PM
If they were to go back and change some methods of evolution for older pokemon, what would you like to see changed? It can be with either a different already existing method, or create a whole new method.

I would require you to have three Magnemite in your party at once and have all three level up in a single battle (what levels they go to is irrelevant) in order for them to join together and become Magneton.

I would also just retcon all the Eeveelutions and make them all just evolve by stone. I would create new evolution stones for the Dark, Psychic and Ice types. I dont like that Eevee evolves into some things by stones, and some things by other methods, it doesn't make sense to me. Especially Leafeon, seeing how a Leaf stone has always existed.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1679-1616-3854
#2EmeraldRangePosted 7/20/2013 11:23:06 PM
Leafeon bugged me too and I tried to Evolve my eevee with a leaf stone and it didn't work.

There should be new stones. We have Dusk Stones for Dark if you want.
---
We're all Genwunners at heart.
Or is that supposed to be Gentwoer, Genfiver, Geninfiter?
#3marchefelixPosted 7/20/2013 11:24:02 PM
Scott1187 posted...
I would require you to have three Magnemite in your party at once and have all three level up in a single battle (what levels they go to is irrelevant) in order for them to join together and become Magneton.

That is sooo inconvenient. Nobody would like that.
---
The current year is not a good argument for anything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPcRgLlom3g
#4Scott1187(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 11:36:08 PM
I'm not worried about inconvenience, I'm worried about what makes sense and is cool.

And I managed to forget all about Dusk and Dawn stones. Espeon would be Dawn stone, Umbreon would be Dusk stone, Leafeon is Leaf stone and I would create a new stone for Glaceon (and other Ice types), Frost stone, or Frozen stone, or something. Not sure what yet.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1679-1616-3854
#5Arne83Posted 7/20/2013 11:42:17 PM
Scott1187 posted...
I'm not worried about inconvenience, I'm worried about what makes sense and is cool.

S*** doesn't make sense. This is Pokemon, that's just how it works.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals..." - Agent K.
#6LexifoxPosted 7/20/2013 11:43:21 PM
Scott1187 posted...

And I managed to forget all about Dusk and Dawn stones. Espeon would be Dawn stone, Umbreon would be Dusk stone, Leafeon is Leaf stone and I would create a new stone for Glaceon (and other Ice types), Frost stone, or Frozen stone, or something. Not sure what yet.

Espeon should be Sun Stone because it's the Sun Pokemon, it evolves with daylight, and no one remembers the Sun Stone exists. That and the Dawn Stone is called the Awakening Stone in Japanese so there's no real connection to them.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#7RDS1Posted 7/20/2013 11:47:20 PM
I'd like them to get rid of trade evolution in it's entirety.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#8Arne83Posted 7/20/2013 11:49:48 PM
The only one that I really didn't like was already retconed. Feebas evolving when it has max beauty.

I never liked contests... I thought they were just one big waste of time. The evolution method combined with Feebas being stupidly rare is the main reason I've never gotten a Milotic.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals..." - Agent K.
#9EdwardDarkstarPosted 7/21/2013 12:00:40 AM
Arne83 posted...
The only one that I really didn't like was already retconed. Feebas evolving when it has max beauty.

I never liked contests... I thought they were just one big waste of time. The evolution method combined with Feebas being stupidly rare is the main reason I've never gotten a Milotic.

You don't have to use feebas in any contests. Just feed it poffins (i find bought poffins work better than the ones i make) until its beauty stat is high. Simple.
---
What's worse than getting dumped?
Being forced to listen to some 10 year old rage in his mic on BO2.
#10SpikeTbearPosted 7/21/2013 12:02:57 AM
Maybe they should have Nidorino and Nidorina evolve a different way than with the Moonstone, since that seems to be the Fairy exclusive stone now. Perhaps, have them both participate in the same battle, and they both evolve at once. Since they're supposed to be a pair.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus