This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Watched the new video, and Inkay... (Spoilers maybe?)

#1KaizukezuPosted 7/20/2013 10:43:15 PM
Was found in a patch of grass? I guess since it's not Water type, they figure they can put it in grass patches, even though it's odd for a squid creature to be on land instead of in the water...

I'm sure other people thought this, could not have been just me.
#2LexifoxPosted 7/20/2013 10:44:34 PM
It's based on the mind flayer, which can exist on land.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3MyNameIsNotJenPosted 7/20/2013 10:46:01 PM
I'm certain that you can find it in water as well, maybe around 85% certainty. It was a bit off since it was on a tiny little island with a patch of grass. But who knows?
---
~When Pontius comes to kill the king upon his throne,
I'm ready for their stones~
#4reaverzPosted 7/20/2013 10:50:26 PM
There's been quite a few Pokemon in the past that can be found both in and out of the water. The ones that immediately come to mind are Poliwag, Wooper, and Stunfisk...
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#5Kaizukezu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 10:51:41 PM
I was thinking about the fact the character was on an island too, and figured that probably did have something to do with it.

After looking up mindflayer as a google image search, Inkay's typing makes sense for that idea as well.
#6LexifoxPosted 7/20/2013 10:57:05 PM
Kaizukezu posted...
I was thinking about the fact the character was on an island too, and figured that probably did have something to do with it.

After looking up mindflayer as a google image search, Inkay's typing makes sense for that idea as well.

If you're not familiar with "mind flayers"? They're evil creatures with psychic powers (hence the type) and are capable of mind control (the fluff says the Pokemon do this).
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#7Kaizukezu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 11:07:26 PM
Lexifox posted...
Kaizukezu posted...

If you're not familiar with "mind flayers"? They're evil creatures with psychic powers (hence the type) and are capable of mind control (the fluff says the Pokemon do this).

Yup, I'm familiar with them. Play a bit of WoW, and a few of the dungeons have mind flayers as enemies, one dungeon in specific would be Throne of Tides in Cata, in which a mind flayer creature attaches itself to an npc.

So yeah, I understand the typing and the reference. It makes sense to me now after you mention it, but I don't know if I would've picked up on it had you not said anything.

reaverz posted...
There's been quite a few Pokemon in the past that can be found both in and out of the water. The ones that immediately come to mind are Poliwag, Wooper, and Stunfisk...

As far as this goes. I guess it COULD be argued that Poliwag and Wooper both have legs to allow them to walk on land, and tails to swim in water. And Stunfisk is a fish that's also ground type, which would make sense for it to be on land as well as in water.

While Inkay is more of a squid creature, and despite it being Dark/Psychic type, I've never seen a squid (or octopus for that matter) walking around on land using it's tentacles as legs. In fact, any time I've seen pictures or video footage of squids and octopi outside of water, they just turn into a pile of skin and slime.
#8Firelion6593Posted 7/20/2013 11:15:59 PM
Lexifox posted...
It's based on the mind flayer, which can exist on land.

... Holy s***, that is f***ing awesome. It's like two of my favorite games have merged into one glorious being. I simply must have a Malamar on my team now.

Also, to whoever learned about mind flayers from WoW: shame on you.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#9nro87Posted 7/20/2013 11:23:19 PM
Can you post a link? Serebii doesn't have the video up yet.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#10Kaizukezu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 11:30:44 PM
It's just:

www.pokebeach.com

At the very top of their news page, it's about 5 minutes or so long.