This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pangoro and Talonflame are interesting twists on the "First Route" Pokemon.

#11SocranPosted 7/21/2013 5:54:02 AM
Hierarchy225 posted...
Luigi player posted...
That can only mean one thing... they both suck ass.

Pangoro better not.

Pangoro can't not be awesome. He's the Toughest Guy in Shibuya!(TM)

No, but seriously. If the Bancho Panda isn't a viable Pokemon, I'm going to cry. Also, in the anime, he'd better challenge his opponents with "Goro goro goro!" in the style of the ubiquitous Japanese "Ora ora ora!" taunt. And this is coming from somebody who (mostly) refuses to watch anime that isn't dubbed in English.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#12AnclationPosted 7/21/2013 6:05:25 AM
Luigi player posted...
That can only mean one thing... they both suck ass.

You mean like Staraptor?
---
We Endorse The Creation of Majora's Mask 3D:
http://www.facebook.com/OperationMoonfall
#13HardHorseJamPosted 7/21/2013 6:20:19 AM
Exaetellus posted...
Ho-Oh is Fire/Flying. It sucks ass all day every day regardless of stats and movepool.

Wat
#14SoleEaterPosted 7/21/2013 6:53:32 AM
I don't see how this topic exists when tc doesn't know the stats of these two Pokemon, or where you can first obtain them.
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcs4q1dJES1qcyh3qo1_500.jpg
#15JoJoX200Posted 7/21/2013 6:58:33 AM(edited)
I'll never understand how people can still say that 4x rock weakness makes a pokemon useless by default, when there is stuff like Volcarona, Ho-Oh and arguably Yanmega. They have something to watch out for, yes, but are by far not useless.

As for the 'early game pokemon suck!' statement:
First off, there's Staraptor and Luxray, which both are early game pokemon and pretty strong.

Second, the generalization in that statement is way too much over the top. Look at the typings. Fire/Flying is a good typing for bird pokemon as it takes care of the problem most of them face with steel pokemon and the statement that Talonflame fights using its talons suggests some kick attacks(mostly Fighting typed) to fend off rock types. That ups their usefulness ingame by a large margin, usually. I'm not saying it'll have top tier stats, but being an evolving pokemon, they'll likely be more than useable.

Pancham/Pangoro being weak is an even more ridiculous statement in my eyes. It is, like Talonflame, an evolving pokemon, thus it stats can't be that bad. It also is neither the early bird, nor the rodent or the early bug, making good stats even more likely(kind of how Slakoth or Mankey are early game pokemon but not bad in the long run).
Also, Fighting or after evolution Fighting/Dark is an excellent type(combination). The known ability Iron Fist is pretty good as well.

I'm not saying they'll be top tier, but they are likely to be strong pokemon at least, if we look at the known facts.
#16SoleEaterPosted 7/21/2013 7:04:02 AM
JoJoX200 posted...
I'll never understand how people can still say that 4x rock weakness makes a pokemon useless by default, when there is stuff like Volcarona, Ho-Oh and arguably Yanmega. They have something to watch out for, yes, but are by far not useless.

As for the 'early game pokemon suck!' statement:
First off, there's Staraptor and Luxray, which both are early game pokemon and pretty strong.

Second, the generalization in that statement is way too much over the top. Look at the typings. Fire/Flying is a good typing for bird pokemon as it takes care of the problem most of them face with steel pokemon and the statement that Talonflame fights using its talons suggests some kick attacks(mostly Fighting typed) to fend off rock types. That ups their usefulness ingame by a large margin, usually. I'm not saying it'll have top tier stats, but being an evolving pokemon, they'll likely be more than useable.

Pancham/Pangoro being weak is an even more ridiculous statement in my eyes. It is, like Talonflame, an evolving pokemon, thus it stats can't be that bad. It also is neither the early bird, nor the rodent or the early bug, making good stats even more likely(kind of how Slakoth or Mankey are early game pokemon but not bad in the long run).
Also, Fighting or after evolution Fighting/Dark is an excellent type(combination). The known ability Iron Fist is pretty good as well.

I'm not saying they'll be top tier, but they are likely to be strong pokemon at least, if we look at the known facts.

The only "known facts" we have are names and looks...
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcs4q1dJES1qcyh3qo1_500.jpg
#17JoJoX200Posted 7/21/2013 7:07:03 AM
And typing, ability(in case of Pangoro), some moves and pokedex entries that at least sometimes hint at something. But yeah, 'facts' is badly worded, I'll give you that. I'm not sure what would be a better word.
'bits of information'?
#18Lucis_FerrePosted 7/21/2013 7:41:24 AM

No, but seriously. If the Bancho Panda isn't a viable Pokemon, I'm going to cry. Also, in the anime, he'd better challenge his opponents with "Goro goro goro!" in the style of the ubiquitous Japanese "Ora ora ora!" taunt. And this is coming from somebody who (mostly) refuses to watch anime that isn't dubbed in English.

As much as it sucks, he NEEDS Comet Punch, or some other new multi-hit punch attack

"GOROGOROGOROGOROGOROGOROGOROGOROGOROGOROGOROGOROGOROGOROGOROGOROGORO, GO-RO *bam*

Goro goro pan-go"
---
'Success rates are but scientific theory. A brave heart will defy any odds!'
'Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything.'
#19dwdwdw6Posted 7/21/2013 8:22:12 AM
First route Pokemon aren't always weak. eg. Staraptor, Luxray, Stoutland. They are some of the best Pokemon in their games.
#20crunchy612Posted 7/21/2013 8:31:17 AM
Staraptor did it first
---
Dota life's good when you play supports. ^_^
My FF Type-0 obssession is BACK! http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2dr3ijdud1r569y6o1_500.gif