This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xerneas and Yveltal from this week's Smash

#11Firemaster5Posted 7/21/2013 8:12:15 AM
It looks like Fairy Aura and Dark Aura will also give a Fairy and Dark, respectively, boost to allies. Couldn't the boost go to any Pokémon on the field for those, though?
---
"Explaining the joke is like dissecting a frog. You understand it better but the frog dies in the process."
--E. B. White
#12zurcnPosted 7/21/2013 8:44:36 AM
Firemaster5 posted...
It looks like Fairy Aura and Dark Aura will also give a Fairy and Dark, respectively, boost to allies. Couldn't the boost go to any Pokémon on the field for those, though?

yes. the aura abilities affect all pokemon in play (see screenshot description on official website)
---
Don't worry about it. I laugh automatically whenever I hold sharp objects. - Machi - Nagasarete Airantou
http://youtu.be/iTJtTiQYlNU
#13Soul_of_YveltalPosted 7/21/2013 9:04:25 AM
RX0mega posted...
Yveltal has best looking move CONFIRMED!

Oh, and having everything on the same plain means Legendary pokemon look stupidly small now. Get ready for your favorite epic Pokemon to get made less epic now folks! On the bright side Wailord is going to be hilarious and provided I can bring old Pokemon over I might very well take one online as a permanent member of my team.

Actually Xerneas is 3.0m tall while Sylveon is 1.0m tall, so it's pretty accurate.
---
I am the true Yveltal.
#14Firemaster5Posted 7/21/2013 9:19:56 AM
zurcn posted...
Firemaster5 posted...

yes. the aura abilities affect all pokemon in play (see screenshot description on official website)

I'd imagine that would also apply to opponents then (where applicable).
---
Yeah get used to it. If you've got a problem with Mickey Mouse you're in the wrong series.~Drizzy_Drizake
#15HardHorseJam(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 12:30:26 PM
DarkDragonite posted...
Thanks for the link. Does it look like Geomancy doesn't do damage, since they showed the full animation of Salamence/Dragonite taking damage from Yveltal's Oblivion Wing but not Xerneas's Geomancy?

Anyone know the source for Bulbapedia's article that says Geomancy does do damage?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Geomancy_(move)

I don't think it's been confirmed yet. I think whoever updated Bulbapedia jumped the gun.

Geomancy looks like a damaging move from the animation, and I think it's likely, so that Xerneas has an equivalent to Oblivion Wing. It almost looks like a Fairy Earthquake.

In fact Geomancy looks like a special Ground type move so shouldn't affect Yveltal! I don't think we'd be trolled that hard though.. Would we?
#16KillerMechanoidPosted 7/21/2013 2:24:27 PM
Is it me, or does Oblivion Wing seem like a health draining move? If you look closely, purple stuff comes out of the pokemon getting hit, then you see some purple "healing" effect around Yveltal's head when it ends...
#17RaidenHeroPosted 7/21/2013 2:25:30 PM
LightningAce11 posted...
I saw this. Surfing looks... Okay.

But I'm pretty hyped!

I was dissapointed about Surfing..
#18DrakoVongola1Posted 7/21/2013 2:37:15 PM
KillerMechanoid posted...
Is it me, or does Oblivion Wing seem like a health draining move? If you look closely, purple stuff comes out of the pokemon getting hit, then you see some purple "healing" effect around Yveltal's head when it ends...

Hm, so it does. Well Yveltal is the Destruction Pokemon, maybe it gets its power from stealing the life of other Pokemon?
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.