This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Man, fanboyism sucks

#1ConflagrationPosted 7/21/2013 4:30:12 AM
Why do some people feel the need to defend their favorite companies sooooo much? You can like a game development company while accepting that it has its weak points. No company is perfect, no game is perfect, no console is perfect, etc.

Whenever someone criticizes anything about the new games or GameFreak itself, immediately a horde of defense legionnaire come rushing just to call the criticizer a troll, or just make snarky comments to "prove" that the criticism is stupid.

I posted that X and Y could've had much better graphics (since the 3ds can support way better graphics than that), and certain people came claiming that gameplay is what makes the game, not graphics, so it doesn't matter. etc. Duhh, gameplay is the most important thing about the games, but that doesn't change the fact that X and Y could've had better graphics, which could've made it a better experience overall.

Someone else posted that grid based movement is archaic and that Pokemon still has grid based movement after 17 years. People immediately rushed to the topic to defend GameFreak saying stuff like "Madden has had football for 30 years" or whatever. Are you kidding? No one criticized Pokemon for having Pokemon battles or gym badges or anything like that. Others claimed the TC was a troll, etc.

Guys, if someone criticizes some practice of your favorite game company, that doesn't make them a troll. Those same people are probably fans of that same company, too, and simply wish they would improve some of their weaker points. Constructive criticism is a good thing, and there's no reason to pretend that your favorite game company is perfect. No need to take the weak points of a game or product and make them out to be good ones just to defend the company.

End rant.
#2hyperdimeduckPosted 7/21/2013 4:34:18 AM
You should take this and paste this on every board. (modify as needed.) I agree, constructive criticism never hurt anyone. Gives you room to improve and all that good stuff. =)
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294
Official Jack Frost of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#3XazealPosted 7/21/2013 4:36:20 AM
1. You're right,

2. INTERWEBUSER is a known troll. You may have actually agreed with him this one time, but he's a troll, no doubt about it.

3. You will get bashed for this, as you probably realize.
#4DweezleMoonunitPosted 7/21/2013 4:36:35 AM
The graphics could be better, but they're aiming for that cartoonish cel-shaded look. The graphics could still be tidied up a bit, but oh well.

I don't really get people who blindly defend companies, it's like Xbots defending Xbox One and saying its going to outsell PS4. And they actually believe what they're saying.
---
What does a nosy pepper do? It gets Jalapeno business.
Official Frank Zappa of Every Board
#5Serebii from SPPPosted 7/21/2013 4:39:08 AM(edited)
Actually, considering the scope of the game, the graphics can't be much better. Most 3D games have a limited number of 3D models. This game has over 700 for Pokémon alone, totally ignoring the overworld. Cuts have to be made.

Plus, they're going for a style. These games were never meant to, and never will, aim for realism. They've gone for a 3D style to match Ken Sugimori's art
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#6hyperdimeduckPosted 7/21/2013 4:40:55 AM
hyperdimeduck posted...
You should take this and paste this on every board. (modify as needed.) I agree, constructive criticism never hurt anyone. Gives you room to improve and all that good stuff. =)

Meh they can bash me all they want, I'll get over it.
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294
Official Jack Frost of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#7LexifoxPosted 7/21/2013 4:41:02 AM
It's pretty hard to criticize a game's graphics and/or successful formula without backlash as a general rule.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#8Conflagration(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 4:54:54 AM
@Serebii, I didn't say it needed realism, though. You're right, realism wouldn't fit well with Pokemon games, but a smoother, nicer look could have been achieved easily, I think. There are many cel shaded or even non-celshaded cartoony games that look beautiful, even on the 3ds. Look at Kingdom Hearts, for example. Dream Drop Distance looks amazing on the 3ds, although I don't know about the "scope of the game".
#9SoleEaterPosted 7/21/2013 7:00:31 AM
How about we actually play the game before we judge.
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcs4q1dJES1qcyh3qo1_500.jpg
#10MetaFalconPunchPosted 7/21/2013 7:02:27 AM
When someone insults a company/game I like, I feel that it's an insult to me as well.

That's why I get mad.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.