This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Man, fanboyism sucks

#11IngSlayerPosted 7/21/2013 7:05:49 AM
I don't care if some schizo claims that this is an "obvious" trolling attempt.

Want to know what's really annoying?

"Fanboy"

The fact that people ABUSE THE HELL out of this word and label anyone that even REMOTELY disagrees with someone as a "fanboy".

It's about on the same level of annoyance as spamming "fat", "basement dwell(ing/er)", and any other generic, unimaginative insults used to describe those people.
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#12animefan1000Posted 7/21/2013 7:08:20 AM
hyperdimeduck posted...
hyperdimeduck posted...
You should take this and paste this on every board. (modify as needed.) I agree, constructive criticism never hurt anyone. Gives you room to improve and all that good stuff. =)

Meh they can bash me all they want, I'll get over it.

Is it me or did this guy answer himself? If so, this brings back memories.
---
Lady Plutia's favorite pet.
#13koutsu88Posted 7/21/2013 7:11:14 AM
^ an insult is different then FACT

case in point microsoft is in FACT a money grubbing tyrant who ignored it's consumer base
and built the most blatant anti consumer product i have EVER seen.
(not to mention its a party to the nsa project prism )

...yet there are still idiots defending them despite the FACT'S

on the other hand when someone simply bashes a company/game thats just annoying..

>_>
---
"there is no use lecturing pigs" kazuya shibuya [GT/PSN:koutsu 88] [Dragonlord of TBWNN] [defiance : Azrael cross ][save timesplitters4]
#14Cheesepower5Posted 7/21/2013 7:17:04 AM
What's wrong with grid based movement, though? It's bad because it's old?

It gets the job done and Pokemon isn't an intense action game that requires a greater degree of control. If they made a Pokemon action game grid-based on 3DS, I'd question it.
---
My way is the high way. You'd have to be lactose intolerant to not learn to love it.
Ha! Cheese puns.
#15ClassyOldHatPosted 7/21/2013 7:33:49 AM
Conflagration posted...

Someone else posted that grid based movement is archaic and that Pokemon still has grid based movement after 17 years. People immediately rushed to the topic to defend GameFreak saying stuff like "Madden has had football for 30 years" or whatever. Are you kidding? No one criticized Pokemon for having Pokemon battles or gym badges or anything like that. Others claimed the TC was a troll, etc.

As someone who was actually part of that mess, I can say that Madden was never brought up. For context for the rest of you guys; the creator of that topic said he would not buy the game if it had grid based movement. He did not merely call it archaic, but a "game breaker/killer." The typical response ("Typical" meaning "ignoring that one guy who thought GF doing non-grid based movement would result in a glitchy game") was to say that those who refused to buy the game for this reason alone were making a mountain out of a molehill.

That is to say, they agreed with the criticism on some level, but thought the TC was being extreme about it. I for one, went on to make several other criticisms of the game, which I felt were far more "game killing" for the point of comparison.

Also, criticizing graphics and not expecting backlash is a stupid thing to do ANYWHERE, nowadays. A lot of video game fans are simply sick of the Graphics Arms Race that has been going on in the industry as of late, driving costs and developments times higher for increasingly shorter games, due to diminishing returns.

Look at the examples of the recent Tomb Raider, and Dark Souls. A huge budget was put into TR to give it intense graphical polish, pointless multiplayer nobody wanted, and every bell and whistle that is expected of modern AAA games. It sold 3.4 million copies... And was considered an utter failure by it's developers, who had spent much, MUCH more making the game.

Dark Souls, Meanwhile, got about half of Tomb Raider's sales, and it's developers considered it a success, because they knew which audience they had been aiming for, and knew where investing would pay off, and where cutting back wouldn't hurt anything.

Now, certainly, there was more to these examples than graphics, but it helps illustrate the point: A lot of gamers are sick of the price we are paying for diminishing returns on graphics, and will argue with anyone who tries to argue their games should be made shorter and more expensive.

Also, having worked with 3D models before, I can confirm what Serebii is saying: 3D models take up massive amounts of memory, especially if they aren't static. With over 700 dynamic models for the Pokemon alone (which, from screenshots so far, look pretty good) I can understand letting things slide in the overworld. Unless KH:DDD has a significantly greater number of unique enemy models (pallet swaps don't count) than the PS2 games, (like, in the 500s) then comparing it to Pokemon is unfair.
#16LexifoxPosted 7/21/2013 7:35:38 AM
koutsu88 posted...
^ an insult is different then FACT

case in point microsoft is in FACT a money grubbing tyrant who ignored it's consumer base
and built the most blatant anti consumer product i have EVER seen.
(not to mention its a party to the nsa project prism )

...yet there are still idiots defending them despite the FACT'S

on the other hand when someone simply bashes a company/game thats just annoying..

>_>

I disagree with what you said about Microsoft ignoring its consumers. They did backpedal on the Xbox One eventually after countless weeks of fury and rage. Kinda.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#17dwdwdw6Posted 7/21/2013 8:21:36 AM
I guess Tc doesn't know INTERWEBUSER is a known troll? Sigh..
#18ClassyOldHatPosted 7/21/2013 9:34:21 AM
dwdwdw6 posted...
I guess Tc doesn't know INTERWEBUSER is a known troll? Sigh..

Oh, this is about HIS topic, huh? I guess my post was rendered slightly pointless.
#19EnferolunosPosted 7/21/2013 9:41:42 AM
Conflagration posted...
@Serebii, I didn't say it needed realism, though. You're right, realism wouldn't fit well with Pokemon games, but a smoother, nicer look could have been achieved easily, I think. There are many cel shaded or even non-celshaded cartoony games that look beautiful, even on the 3ds. Look at Kingdom Hearts, for example. Dream Drop Distance looks amazing on the 3ds, although I don't know about the "scope of the game".

Have you seen it running on your system? Because 3DS games ALWAYS look better on the actual system.
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#20RX0megaPosted 7/21/2013 9:48:34 AM
Wow, looks like that other topic worked so well it tricked poor tc in to making a topic to back it up.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board
Tales of series >>>>>>>>>> Final Fantasy series post-VI