This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you guys associate playing old school Pokemon with?

#11hyperdimeduckPosted 7/21/2013 7:10:40 AM
Daemonscharm posted...
You guys are depressing.

As far as I know, none of my friends owned link cables.
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294
Official Jack Frost of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#12Cheesepower5Posted 7/21/2013 7:10:42 AM
People I hung out with from school were always more a rival to me than the in-game losers. One friend and I still play the new Pokemons with and against each other to this day, although we skipped B2/W2.
---
My way is the high way. You'd have to be lactose intolerant to not learn to love it.
Ha! Cheese puns.
#13SirPikachuPosted 7/21/2013 7:12:19 AM
Magmasta posted...
Batteries

Oh god batteries were so annoying.
#14Super_shadow_xPosted 7/21/2013 7:15:04 AM
Dragon quest series (Or Dragon warrior series in the olden days)

Those were some good times.
#15IngSlayerPosted 7/21/2013 7:23:14 AM(edited)
Pokemon Red & Blue remind me of:

The PC version of Disney's Hercules (I was playing one of the on-rail levels on the day when I first heard about Pokemon through a weird commercial for the games, and watching an entire episode at that same time)

Jackson Pollock

Some song I first heard in late 1998, the name I can't remember.

A trip to NYC in December 1998

The PC version of Garfield: Caught in the Act

Christmas of 1998

Lego Creator & Lego Island (The first one)

Dr. Dolittle; Cats: The Musical

Some drawing kit involving Bruce Blitz

--

Pokemon Gold & Silver remind me of:

A TV show about drawing cartoons with Bruce Blitz; and before that, these things around that same time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6fsV4qlUxY

Cartoon Network around 2000 and 2001

Samurai Jack

Marvel vs. Capcom 2

...Like that?
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#16eponastarPosted 7/24/2013 7:12:23 AM
Playing Pokemon Red on my yellow Game boy Pocket.

Going to Burger King when they were giving away toys with the kids meals.
---
" I never told anyone.... but I've always thought they were lighthouses "
Seriously, go play To the Moon
#17patkelly929Posted 7/24/2013 7:15:12 AM
Going to K.B. Toys in the mall, shortly after my 12th birthday, and looking at the boxes for Red & Blue.

Sure, Red had a dragon on it, but Blue had a turtle monster with cannons coming out of its back. Charizard was too generic for this guy.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
#18X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/24/2013 7:31:45 AM
Playing on the brick gate or the roof of my apartment building around 5:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M where the sun is slowly going down where the sky is orange and red where I would play my Green or Red on my Gameboy and pass by Route 4 for that awesome music.
Then heading out to buy firecrackers legally at the corner store to shoot them off into the air just before heading inside to play my green on Pocket Monsters Stadium and always wondering why my Red never worked on it (Red was an English copy)
---
GT: Ayumi Spender || PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to. 3DS: 2921 9091 2567
#19Prophet_of_ZealPosted 7/24/2013 7:40:13 AM
Poke'mon Red/Blue: Just the general times. Also, having to sit a certain way or I wouldn't be able to see the old GameBoy green screen due to the way the light hit it.

Poke'mon Yellow: Again, the general times and light situation. I used to lay on the couch downstairs with the television on in the background and play. I recall grinding for money and experience. I vividly recall Sisqo's "Thong Song" and Nelly's "Country Grammar" being on the television in the background a lot.

Poke'mon Gold: Once more, the general times and light situation. I would stay up all night in the summer and at about 4 AM go lay in bed and play until about 6 AM when Digimon would come on television. One particular morning it was snowing and I was playing at the kitchen table, looking outside at the snow.

Poke'mon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald: Originally missed out on these. Played them via emulator, so all I can really say is, I associate them with late nights and deep thoughts.

Poke'mon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: Revitalizing my interest in Poke'mon. Enjoying the summer, especially sitting on the trampoline under the shade of trees.

Poke'mon Black: Nothing really. I did go to a midnight release, but that's about it.
---
"Welcome to the Next Level."
#20XWolfOPosted 7/24/2013 7:51:09 AM
GameBoy, Ninja Turtles, weirdness, awkward hair, mental issues, Fresh Prince, wheelbarrows, cats, big dogs, love, sadness, bad times, PlayStation, Crash Bandicoot 3, Super Mario Bros 3, yelling, more issues, happy times, doctors, cartridges, bad cameras, big block shaped TV, crappy PC, prank calls, first drink and last, but not least, Bugs Bunny.
---
Don't hesitate. When the time comes, just act.