This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Critical Hits are such BS sometimes.

#1Noctus3Posted 7/21/2013 11:02:00 AM
Makes me lose an otherwise perfectly won match.
---
**** you SE for trolling us with that TWEWY port. I hate you.
#2Swampert27Posted 7/21/2013 11:21:54 AM
Ok.
#3HardHorseJamPosted 7/21/2013 11:22:59 AM
Noctus3 posted...

They can also make you win an otherwise perfectly lost match...
#4XazealPosted 7/21/2013 11:23:40 AM
If a critical hit is enough to make you lose, you weren't winning as much as you thought you were.
#5AzardeaPosted 7/21/2013 11:27:09 AM
HardHorseJam posted...
Noctus3 posted...

Which shows how luckbased Pokémon really is.
#6WaenosPosted 7/21/2013 11:40:46 AM
The following is not about simply Pokémon, but RPGs in general.

The thing about critical hits is that 95% of the times you get one are one of two cases:

1. You don't actually need a critical hit: The normal amount of damage is enough to defeat the opponent.

2. You don't WANT a critical hit. You don't want the opponent to be defeated just yet for one reason or another. Such as, in the case of Pokémon, wanting to catch it.

Of course, there is the 5% when they come when you need one or want one.

And this does not apply to some games, where it is possible to raise the critical hit rate very high.
---
"Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time."
#7HardHorseJamPosted 7/21/2013 11:45:05 AM
Azardea posted...
HardHorseJam posted...
Noctus3 posted...

Which shows how luckbased Pokémon really is.

In the long run, luck evens out, and your win:loss ratio does tell you how good you are.

Where it really sucks is when you lose an important match to a crit, like the final of a tournament.
#8Luigi playerPosted 7/21/2013 11:51:50 AM(edited)
Yes, critical hits are what's destroying the competitive metagame.

With my new team where DD Dragonite is the late game cleaner it happened in nearly every match that my opponent got a crit on it which made me lose instead of win. The percentage of it happening are like 75 %. Not joking. In ~13 matches he got crited 8 times. I don't know the exact numbers, what it was almost all the time, and I had many matches.

Gamefreak needs to create an item that acts like Battle Armor/Shell Armor and stuff, to prevent critical hits. I'd give it to all of my Pokemon.

Misses can be overcome by not using moves with lower than 100 % accuracy. But you can't do anything against crits. The only thing you can do is use Pokemon with those abilities. But they suck. And even if they wouldn't, they want the other abilies they can have much more.

So just give me an item then, or take crits totally out of the game.

It is the worst thing ever. Oh, and Quick Claw and Bright Powder are BS too. But they're okay for ingame I guess, just competitively they should be banned. I don't know why they aren't.
I had a Cloyster Shell Smashing and KOing people while they didn't hit it 3 times in a row which made me win games.
It is such BS...
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/
#9YourLuckPosted 7/21/2013 12:12:33 PM
It's easier to remember the negative crits than the positive ones.
---
A familiar note is produced.
It's the note Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune
#10TherianReturnsPosted 7/21/2013 12:14:33 PM
Oh, quit whining. All games have some kind of luck factor programmed in.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about