This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Rayquaza banned?

#1DaVeBaTiStAFaNPosted 7/21/2013 12:52:59 PM
there is absolutely nothing that makes Rayquaza broken.

Just another reason why Smogon is the devil.
---
dave batista is my idol
#2GensokyoPosted 7/21/2013 12:55:02 PM
Why does nobody ever use Magikarp in a serious match? There is absolutely nothing that makes Magikarp unviable. People just suck.
#3Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 7/21/2013 12:56:30 PM
because you touch yourself
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#4Luigi playerPosted 7/21/2013 12:57:01 PM
Yeah, it is weak to Stealth Rock and it's defenses aren't that great. Strong priority moves (especially Ice Shard) can take it down easily.

/sarcasm

I wish there would be any use for those strong legends though. Their "strongness" doesn't mean anything in the uber metagame, because everyone is that strong.

Maybe they should allow one uber in the OU metagame... but that would be broken too... it's really sad.

All those strong legends are there for basically nothing (you can't even use them in the battle tower, and you don't need them for anything ingame, unless you feel like having an even easier time beating the already easy game...).
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/
#5JarickoPosted 7/21/2013 12:57:02 PM
Gensokyo posted...
Why does nobody ever use Magikarp in a serious match? There is absolutely nothing that makes Magikarp unviable. People just suck.

Magikarp is used commonly in LC. I do not see your point. Also Rayquaza is uber and awesome. It even has V create :D
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#6smashman92Posted 7/21/2013 12:57:16 PM
Airlock?
---
Charizard for SSBU
#7JarickoPosted 7/21/2013 1:03:02 PM
smashman92 posted...
Airlock?

Not really good for the things you would want to use it against in ubers. Groudon vs Rayquaza... My money is on Groudon surviving the attack and 1 shotting rayquaza. Kyogre vs Rayquaza... Rayquaza is doomed regardless of if its raining. However it can be good against ferrothorn in the rain. And it can revenge kill pretty well.
---
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#8AysanderPosted 7/21/2013 1:06:37 PM
Jaricko posted...
smashman92 posted...
Airlock?

Not really good for the things you would want to use it against in ubers. Groudon vs Rayquaza... My money is on Groudon surviving the attack and 1 shotting rayquaza. Kyogre vs Rayquaza... Rayquaza is doomed regardless of if its raining. However it can be good against ferrothorn in the rain. And it can revenge kill pretty well.

You may have just indicated why Smogon uber'd him...
#9JarickoPosted 7/21/2013 1:09:05 PM
Aysander posted...
Jaricko posted...
smashman92 posted...
Airlock?

You may have just indicated why Smogon uber'd him...

Well Volcarona can also be used as a ferrothorn counter on rain teams. Rayquaza just bypasses the rain drop on fire moves all together, not that you would need it if hes carrying v create anyway as v create is easily the most overpowered fire move in the game if used right. I tend to carry choice band Victini with passed speed or White Herb Victini with it. In the sun V create almost always 1 shots.
---
#10Slayerblade11Posted 7/21/2013 1:12:11 PM(edited)
Huge stats, huge movepool, uncounterable, best priority in the game. If it went down the meta would be too centralized around it.