This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Rayquaza banned?

#11AysanderPosted 7/21/2013 12:12:14 PM
XD more or less poking fun at the fact that Rain Teams are the "thing" right now, and smogon's banned Rayquaza in an attempt to try to curb the rain teams. But yeah, Volcarona can counter pretty well.

Still wish Charizard and Pidgeot got STAB Hurricane love, though.
#12pokemonzeroPosted 7/21/2013 12:18:05 PM
Moody is banned
Banned means you can't use it anywhere(Smogon related)
Rayquaza is Uber
Uber =/= Banned
---
I got post 501 once
Please Save my dragonCave Eggs/hatchlings http://dragcave.net/user/-Latios-
#13kaonohiokalaPosted 7/21/2013 12:33:33 PM
CB Scizor can't even OHKO -Def 0/0 Rayquaza w/ Bullet Punch after Stealth Rock.

that s*** cray
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#14JarickoPosted 7/21/2013 12:37:41 PM
Aysander posted...
XD more or less poking fun at the fact that Rain Teams are the "thing" right now, and smogon's banned Rayquaza in an attempt to try to curb the rain teams. But yeah, Volcarona can counter pretty well.

Still wish Charizard and Pidgeot got STAB Hurricane love, though.

You say Rayquaza was banned... As if Rayquaza was ever not uber to begin with. Now discussing possibly lowing Rayquaza on the other hand. Its really out of the question at the moment. Rayquaza would destroy OU in its current form. Everyone would have it as a weather counter. And its stronger stat wise then everything barring kyurem who is only there because its weaker then the other ubers stat wise and its got terrible typing.
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#15Genericgamer667Posted 7/21/2013 12:56:43 PM
150 attack and sp attack in ou

gl
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#16JarickoPosted 7/21/2013 1:04:10 PM
Genericgamer667 posted...
150 attack and sp attack in ou

gl

Its got only okay speed and the same weakness most other dragons do. However that 150 attack and extreme speed is more then deadly enough for OU.
---
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#17Ubergeneral3Posted 7/21/2013 1:39:32 PM
Luigi player posted...
Yeah, it is weak to Stealth Rock and it's defenses aren't that great. Strong priority moves (especially Ice Shard) can take it down easily.

/sarcasm

I wish there would be any use for those strong legends though. Their "strongness" doesn't mean anything in the uber metagame, because everyone is that strong.

Maybe they should allow one uber in the OU metagame... but that would be broken too... it's really sad.

All those strong legends are there for basically nothing (you can't even use them in the battle tower, and you don't need them for anything ingame, unless you feel like having an even easier time beating the already easy game...).

they should make nerfed versions for OU.
---
The following pokemon will be retyped to fairy. If not I will close my account.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66775664
#18Rad_DudesmanPosted 7/21/2013 1:41:34 PM
Rayquaza is very broken
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#19JarickoPosted 7/21/2013 1:43:38 PM
Are some people just unaware of what ubers is? You can use Rayquaza, you just cannot use it in OU. It is too good for OU. Unless your saying you should be able to use your really powerful guy but the opponent should not be able to use this other really powerful guy. But then your just as bad as that guy everyone knew playing link cable battles in first gen bringing in a mewtwo or a team full of mewtwos. Mewtwo the ender of friendships.
---
#20JarickoPosted 7/21/2013 1:56:01 PM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
Rayquaza is very broken

Not broken just really difficult to deal with. Obamasnow could do some pretty nice damage to it and possibly survive an unbanded extreme speed, and with ice shard it will out priority v create which would guaranteed kill it. If it is banded too there is also kyurem who would normally worry about outrage but since the player whos banned likely locked into extreme speed he should be able to take potentially 1 and finish the fight. There is also a bit of a chance bulky politoed could take that hit and fire back an ice beam but that would be a potential risk.

You would be planning around it if it was in OU. Because absolutely everyone would have it. Except maybe me. I do like to use the more interesting stuff, its why i do not use scizor that often and use whimsicott, sharpedo ect more often in OU.
---