This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Pokemon did you have the most trouble with in-game?

#81CakeOfLiesPosted 7/22/2013 10:23:58 AM
Jaricko posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Ghetsis' Hydreigon actually gives people trouble? That... Literally disgusts me.
I can't even BEGIN to describe how easy that thing was. To say I annihilated it without a sweat is an incredible understatement. I easily OHKO'd that thing with power to spare... Without stat boosts. I never even saw it attack.

Cynthia's Garchomp was also easy. Considering that you can buy Blizzard TMs and Gyarados learns Ice Fang and Dragon Dance by level up, it's not hard to beat it. And her Spiritomb (what she leads with) gives you ample opportunity to get to +6 Attack and Speed.

I honestly have to say Whitney's Miltank gave me the most trouble. I was a noob and didn't understand the type chart or most of the mechanics of the game. Sure, it doesn't give me any trouble now, but back in the day, it did.

I felt kinda dirty beating Cynthia with a level 50 Gyarados. Really i feel dirty any time i use stat raising moves to beat something in story mode. The AI will not switch out to something that can stop me. It will sit there attacking somewhat randomly til I reach 6 + attack, 6+ speed.

If you are not doing that Garchomp can be a nightmare. Blizzard does not save you, it has a berry on it that will reduce that by 50%, which is still 2x effective but garchomp is beefy enough to take it.

Dat 85 base Sp. Defense.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#82uuurrrgghPosted 7/22/2013 10:38:36 AM
Miltank? Son, let me introduce you to machop and double team

As for my hardest time...

"FOR THE LOVE OF ARCEUS, PLEASE STOP USING RECOVER, MILOTIC!"
---
Apparently, I'm nobody.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#83ArabianPenguinsPosted 7/22/2013 10:44:33 AM
I voted Whitney's Miltank, but Lenora's Watchog was much worse.
---
Cal State Northridge. Matador Pride
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3434-9146
#84XWolfOPosted 7/22/2013 10:47:16 AM
It's a toss up between the Garchomp and the Hydreigon. Both gave me trouble, but I think I'll go with Hydreigon because he somehow managed to KO 4 of my Pokemon.
---
Don't hesitate. When the time comes, just act.
#85samplonPosted 7/22/2013 11:16:40 AM
Claire's Kingdra.
#86Sobriquet835Posted 7/22/2013 7:36:43 PM
Misty's Starmie. Possibly due to my childish inexperience. If you chose Charmander in Red your only real Super Effective option to that point is Oddish with Absorb. Atleast in Blue you could have a vine whip bellsprout, but she could be tough for the ill-prepared Charmander player. Defense curl plus recover equals rage. Bubblebeam to sweep. Sigh...
---
Looot!!!
Psn: Sobriquet835