This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.
56+ SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Charizard: 356-422 (119.86 - 142.08%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Your Charizard should've died. Considering Rotom attacked first, I'm assuming it was scarfed. You got lucky.
Also, Hydreigon could've switched out of Dugtrio do to levitate. He basically through away a perfectly good Hydreigon.
Over all, a pretty piss poor battle to show off your team :/
"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"
"I don't give a damn what other people think. What do ya think about that?"
DaVeBaTiStAFaN posted...Even if that guy wasn't very good, does it not prove that this team can sweep you if you're not prepared?
There's a difference between a team sucking and a team not being as good as someone another person's team. TC's team sucks. And that's perfectly okay, they have clearly demonstrated that they are completely new to the metagame. Despite this, TC got all defensive and refuses to belief the very people he is asking for help, until eventually he tested his team and realized that Excadrill is in fact Uber. If TC made this topic with an open mind, there would be no problem.
Where is my desk?
This thread made my night.
TC, from sun-team user to sun team user, I've got a bit of advice for your team (don't worry, I'm not saying you should replace anything).
1. Switch Ninetales to a bulky set. It actually has pretty good special bulk, and is quite good at spreading burns with roar and will-o-wisp.
2. Drop the Life Orb on Charizard. Charizard looses ridiculous amounts of health already thanks to SP, don't make it even worse. If you want a power boost, Choice Specs are the way to go. With Specs, Fire Blast has an effective BP over 600, and you can 2HKO JELLICENT with it.
3. Don't use Roost on Charizard. Charizard has good enough bulk to tank a neutral hit, but it will still lose more than half of it's HP. With SP hurting it, and you having to use a turn to Roost, it's pretty much useless. The only case in which I would recommend Roost is if you are running a bulky set, investing in HP and Sp. Def.
4. You can try Air Slash if you like, but I always prefer Dragon Pulse. Dragon Pulse allows you to both hit Dragon types for SE, AND gives you perfect coverage on anything that's not named Heatran. If you are dropping Roost, add Focus Blast to deal with it.
5. You seem to lack coverage for Dragon types. I recommend using HP Ice over HP Fire on Venusaur. It makes a fantastic Garchomp revenge killer.
6. Scrap Sludge Bomb on Venusaur. Replace it with Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, or Earthquake depending on your tastes.
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US