This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People acually use Charizard in OU?

#11MatezoidePosted 7/24/2013 2:06:40 PM
Without Stealth Rock, he would be RU at best.

Moltres would still outclass it. Thats why one is good in NU and the other ranks among the best pokemon in RU.
#12pokemonzeroPosted 7/24/2013 2:15:25 PM
Matezoide posted...

Moltres would still outclass it. Thats why one is good in NU and the other ranks among the best pokemon in RU.

His only counter in RU is Stealth Rock. Also Moltres would jump to BL or OU. So UU without SR is perfect for Charizard. He wouldn't be top dog there but he would be viable in UU -SR
Also Charizard outspeeds (and out powers Moltres in the sun)
If GF Buffs Solar Power to not do self damage and Smogon bans SR below OU Charizard will be near the top of UU.
---
I got post 501 once
Please Save my dragonCave Eggs/hatchlings http://dragcave.net/user/-Latios-
#13pyrotempestwingPosted 7/24/2013 2:18:49 PM
Why shouldn't I be able to use Charizard in OU? It's not against Smogon's rules. (Not that I really care...)
---
FC's: B1: Lexi 2365-9525-1918; B2: Misaki 4213-1809-7119 3DS FC: Thomas 5069-4431-9392
Official Combat Pragmatist of Real Life.
#14KeeperOfShadowsPosted 7/24/2013 2:25:01 PM
Without sr Charizard would indeed make it to UU.

All the people who love him but fear him getting destroyed by rocks would have no reason not to use him anymore.
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
You're too angry... calm down... and let the madness take hold. - Arne83
#15MatezoidePosted 7/24/2013 2:37:16 PM
pokemonzero posted...
Matezoide posted...

His only counter in RU is Stealth Rock. Also Moltres would jump to BL or OU. So UU without SR is perfect for Charizard. He wouldn't be top dog there but he would be viable in UU -SR
Also Charizard outspeeds (and out powers Moltres in the sun)
If GF Buffs Solar Power to not do self damage and Smogon bans SR below OU Charizard will be near the top of UU.

As someone that plays UU, no, Moltres wouldnt be banned, even without SR. There are several pokemon that check Moltres in the tier.

Even then, Base 100 vs Base 95 is basicaly the same in UU. The only notable thing you outspeed is Darmanitan, and ties with Zapdos and Victini (Two pokemon that murder Charizard). If you outspeed Heracross, your speed is enough.

Charizard is too reliant on Sunny Day to be a cresible threat, especialy in a tier that got Rain Dance Kingdra (Who's actually dangerous) and Tornadus.

Even if Moltres got banned, and Solar Power got buffed, he wouldnt be near the top. Snorlax, Zapdos, Mienshao, Kingdra, Tornadus, Suicune, Victini, Heracross and others would be way more viable.

Charizard WOULD be a legitimate threat in RU. Ridiculous speed for the tier, does well against many threats. He would be far more vulnerable to Lanturn and Slowking, but nobody is perfect.

Why people think anything below OU is an insult, anyway?
#16InhaledCornPosted 7/24/2013 2:45:59 PM
pyrotempestwing posted...
Why shouldn't I be able to use Charizard in OU? It's not against Smogon's rules. (Not that I really care...)

Because people say you can find better options in other tiers.

Of course, you're allowed to play how you want. I like using Charizard as a late game Choice Scarf Cleaner.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#17pyrotempestwingPosted 7/24/2013 6:23:38 PM
InhaledCorn posted...
pyrotempestwing posted...

Because people say you can find better options in other tiers.

Of course, you're allowed to play how you want. I like using Charizard as a late game Choice Scarf Cleaner.

Well, that why I shouldn't, but I asked why shouldn't I be able to. As in "Why should it be disallowed?" Even if Charizard is weaker, I should be allowed to make a fool of myself in OU if I want to.
---
FC's: B1: Lexi 2365-9525-1918; B2: Misaki 4213-1809-7119 3DS FC: Thomas 5069-4431-9392
Official Combat Pragmatist of Real Life.