This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does this seem like a decent idea for an Aggron?

#1SirPikachuPosted 7/21/2013 8:55:26 PM
Aggroron Sturdy
@Red Card

252ATT/ whatever you want, you wont need anything else.

Stealth Rock
Dragon Tail
Won't need it
Won't need it

I think it would be pretty annoying and very hard to counter with it switching your pokémon all around. It could drag out at least 2 pokémon before it dies. Anyone with a Charizard or Volcorona would hate you lol
#2SirPikachu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 9:05:07 PM
Bumpity bumpbump
#3ZTIger5Posted 7/21/2013 9:08:40 PM
What if Dragon Tail misses or they KO Aggron with a strong Fighting attack?
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
#4KyrieIrvingPosted 7/21/2013 9:10:37 PM
i don't think it would too work well tbh.

i mean, you drag out a pokemon and it takes damage but you lose your aggron. the only good thing is that you get rocks up.

but i suck at pokemon so idk
---
http://i.minus.com/iblIlT6HgFdYeW.gif
#5JarickoPosted 7/21/2013 9:12:13 PM
I prefer sleep phasing with dialga.

Dragon Tail, Roar, Sleep Talk, Rest.

:)

You can setup the entry hazards on other stuff, rest heals you every so often, and while asleep you never have to worry about status, not that you would much being steel anyway.
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#6SirPikachu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 9:12:19 PM
ZTIger5 posted...
What if Dragon Tail misses or they KO Aggron with a strong Fighting attack?

Well they can't 1 hit him cuz of sturdy, then red card will get them. I just think it can mess up some people, and get some rocks out.
#7SirPikachu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 9:15:02 PM
Jaricko posted...
I prefer sleep phasing with dialga.

Dragon Tail, Roar, Sleep Talk, Rest.

:)

You can setup the entry hazards on other stuff, rest heals you every so often, and while asleep you never have to worry about status, not that you would much being steel anyway.

That's awesome, but I never do anything with legendaries, and I don't battle competitively(even though I know how lol)
#8MagneticSparkPosted 7/21/2013 9:18:25 PM
I dont think it would work too well.

Turn 1

Aggron uses stealth Rocks,TTar uses Earthquake, Sturdy activates and TTar is phazed by the red card

Turn 2

Any pokemon with a base speed higher than 50 will probably get in and finish aggron off

This would happens most of the time, unless you were not going to use Aggron as a lead, but then you'd need a spinner to take any hazards out because they would ruin sturdy
#9InhaledCornPosted 7/21/2013 9:30:28 PM
MagneticSpark posted...
I dont think it would work too well.

Turn 1

Aggron uses stealth Rocks,TTar uses Earthquake, Sturdy activates and TTar is phazed by the red card

Turn 2

Any pokemon with a base speed higher than 50 will probably get in and finish aggron off

This would happens most of the time, unless you were not going to use Aggron as a lead, but then you'd need a spinner to take any hazards out because they would ruin sturdy

Actually, Dragon Tail has negative priority, so it will always go last.

I find Dragon Tail Phazing actually works pretty well with Rest Talk Milotic. Marvel Scale bumps up defense, and it already has really high Sp. Defense. With Scald inflicting possible Burns and Rocks...

Yeah, Milotic is difficult to dispatch.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#10MagneticSparkPosted 7/21/2013 9:38:19 PM
InhaledCorn posted...
Actually, Dragon Tail has negative priority, so it will always go last.

I find Dragon Tail Phazing actually works pretty well with Rest Talk Milotic. Marvel Scale bumps up defense, and it already has really high Sp. Defense. With Scald inflicting possible Burns and Rocks...

Yeah, Milotic is difficult to dispatch.

I forgot TC wasn't going to use any moves other than Dragon Tail on Aggron :p

But yeah, milotic works wonders if you want to phaze people. Rest talk gyarados also works. (you could even use a double phazing set with rest, sleep talk, roar and dragon tail)