This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon Mythbusters: Day 7- The Legendary Beast-Eeveelution theory

#1iKhanicPosted 7/21/2013 9:09:00 PM
What do you think of the Zodiac Fire Starter theory after this discussion: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66721838 - Results (60 votes)
Zodiac Fire Starter Theory CONFIRMED
55% (33 votes)
Zodiac Fire Starter Theory BUSTED
45% (27 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So today, we'll discuss the Legendary Beast-Eeveelution theory and evaluate the Zodiac Fire Starter theory

See the full Zodiac Fire Starter topic here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66721838

Today we will evaluate the theory which claims that the Legendary Beasts, Entei, Suicune, and Raikou, are reincarnations of the Gen 1 Eeveelutions Flareon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon.

They theory is somewhat explained here, but not fully. I understand it pretty well so I will highlight it here.
http://i.imgur.com/538ny8k.jpg
1. When the Brass Tower in Ecruteak City burned down, three pokemon perished. Ho-Oh revived all 3 of them. These revived pokemon were Entei, Suicune and Raikou. Entei represented the flames that burned down the tower, Raikou represented the lighting that struck it, and Suicune represented the rain and wind that put it out (this is canon, and explained in-game). What is unknown is if these pokemon were originally the legendary beasts or if they were ordinary pokemon. Source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Legendary_Beasts

2. The beasts share typings and color schemes with the gen 1 eeveelutions.

3. Both the Eeveelutions and the beasts are quadrupedal (well except Vaporeon) carnivores (as in the taxonomic group of of dogs, cats, weasels, seals, bears, etc)

4. The hidden abilities of the Legendary beasts are the same as the normal abilities of the gen 1 eeveelutions.

5. In GSC, you must fight 3 sages in the tin tower. Each one has a different Gen 1 Eeveelution.

6. Also in Ekruteak City are the Kimono girls, who fought with different Eeveelutions.

MY OPINION.

I think this theory is absolutely correct. In addition to the information typically presented in the theory. All the eeveelutions have very similar stat spreads to the Legendary Beasts. Vaporeon and Suicune are both bulky water types. Raikou and Jolteon are fast special sweepers, and Entei and Flareon both have mixed attacking stats. Also both groups of pokemon have downright horrendous movepools outside of their typings. Interestingly. Ho-Oh kind of did a fail job of resurrecting the trio to be more powerful, because while Suicune and Raikou are UU, Vaporeon and Jolteon are sitting nicely in OU.

In addition to that evidence, I just don't think it's a coincidence that the 2 themes Ekruteak City has are Eeveelutions and the Legendary Beasts. I definitely think Game freak was trying to draw a connection here. I'd go as far as to say that this theory is even more believable than the Mew-Ditto theory.

I'd really like to see a Legendary beast form for Espeon and Umbreon some day.

Results:
Blues Raticate 73.91%- BUSTED
Genesect-Kabutops 84.52%- BUSTED
Mew-Ditto 57.26%- CONFIRMED
Venonat-Butterfree- 50.68% CONFIRMED
"N is Zoroark"- 67.39% BUSTED
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2ZTIger5Posted 7/21/2013 9:13:37 PM
Vaporeon isn't quadrupedal?

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/123/d/b/__vaporeon___by_volmise-d3fjlrw.jpg

Anyway, I think it's true.
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
#3xXFlam1ng_N1nJaPosted 7/21/2013 9:13:42 PM
I don't think voting your opinion will make any more true, regardless of what your opinion is.
---
I'm a girl and I like pokemon. Add me for some pokemon related discussions. <3 jk, but seriously, girls get all the attention. fudge.
#4nekamiPosted 7/21/2013 9:24:44 PM
I never liked this theory personally. After seeing the episode of the anime where they said the trio were reincarnations, I actually tried to figure out which ones they came from. I thought maybe Pikachu for Raikou, because of the stripes or something, idk. I was like 10. Not that any of this really has anything to do with anything....
---
NekoHime64's alt.
"Though the name may change, the person underneath remains the same"
#5iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 10:04:47 PM
Bump
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#6zinformantPosted 7/21/2013 10:08:53 PM
I had never heard of this (was it developed in gen IV with the remakes?), and it relies solely on coincidence. That's not hard evidence. I'll admit there's nice coincidence there and I had to think about it for a moment, but it's not as if fire, water, and lightning is an odd trio with the birds preceding them using it.

If there was a link, they wouldn't be so subtle about it. There'd be something, even if it was just a similar tuft. There isn't anything that isn't circumstantial.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
Ocean should not derail the train.
#7iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 10:15:01 PM
zinformant posted...
I had never heard of this (was it developed in gen IV with the remakes?), and it relies solely on coincidence. That's not hard evidence. I'll admit there's nice coincidence there and I had to think about it for a moment, but it's not as if fire, water, and lightning is an odd trio with the birds preceding them using it.

If there was a link, they wouldn't be so subtle about it. There'd be something, even if it was just a similar tuft. There isn't anything that isn't circumstantial.

Fire, Electric, Water actually ARE an uncommon trio. In fact the beasts and the eeveelutions are the only instances of that trio.

Fire, Electric, Ice is common, having elemental punches and bites, and the Gen 1 birds.
---
#8ArcasaurusPosted 7/21/2013 10:51:14 PM
Mew-Ditto 57.26%- CONFIRMED
"N is Zoroark"- 67.39% BUSTED

Sigh... >_>

Anyways, I think the theory's cool, at least. I have a feeling that the designs for all the Eeveelutions up to Gen 2 somewhat inspired or were kept in mind for the all the Johto legendaries besides Celebi. Like, Espeon being the Sun Pokemon relates to Ho-oh, while Umbreon being the Moonlight Pokemon relates to Lugia.
#9iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 4:46:08 AM
Morning bump
---
#10MyNameIsNotJenPosted 7/22/2013 5:09:03 AM
Yep, just like you said..it's more believable than the Mew-Ditto theory, and that one was at least believable as well. I can see it and if it was un-intentional on GF's part, then cool. If it was, even better :)

Btw, will you do the Cubone > Marowak > Kangaskhan theory?
---
~When Pontius comes to kill the king upon his throne,
I'm ready for their stones~