This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people hate gen 3?

#1MagneticSparkPosted 7/21/2013 9:11:53 PM
Is it because you couldn't transfer your pokemons from previous gens? Is it the excessive water? I liked Emerald and the Battle Frontier, so I don't really know why it gets so much hate.
#2rocknroller365Posted 7/21/2013 9:19:35 PM
I've wondered that too, honestly. R/S/E are good games. Sure the postgame in Ruby and Sapphire was underwhelming, but the actual game was pretty fun. I love the two evil teams, even if I wish they gave them a reason for wanting those radical climate changes. The Pokemon are pretty solid too.

I think a lot of it in the absence of a lot of Pokemon from previous gens, even if GF did remedy that within the generation.
#3AlI_About_The_UPosted 7/21/2013 9:20:50 PM
Terrible soundfont
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#4Great_ReapettePosted 7/21/2013 9:21:03 PM
Water, water, and more water
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#5chronifused2Posted 7/21/2013 9:23:17 PM
I hated the games although some of my favorite pokes are from gen 3 the games are still my least favorite

Water and worst villians/rivals in the entire series (Hugh is pretty bad too but at least he's not completely useless)
---
Somewhere, Gamefreak employees are reading the topics on this board and laughing.-themagicpainman
#6wind64aPosted 7/21/2013 9:25:23 PM
I don't mind them. It just gets annoying sometimes, when people put any generation on a pedestal and 3 seems to be the latest choice.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#7Scott1187Posted 7/21/2013 9:28:05 PM
Every reason already said, plus gen three pokemon are generally pretty terribly. I cant actually think of a single one off the top of my head that I like. I'm sure there is probably a couple, but they aren't coming to mind. They are also that forgettable.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1679-1616-3854
#8DarkHeroZXPosted 7/21/2013 9:30:16 PM
I mainly dislike gen 3 for excessive surfing and the dirt easy difficulty. I would bring up the large number of filler pokemon like luvdisc,Kecleon, Delcatty, Armaldo, etc but that would be a little difficult to back up. Seeing how the definition of filler "pokemon" is vague at best.
---
"I do a lot of push ups and sit-ups and I drink plenty of juice"-Vegeta
#9EnferolunosPosted 7/21/2013 9:33:01 PM
It gets a lot of hate because it's in the limelight right now
As soon as the spotlight shifts to another gen (IV is probably next) there'll be a lot of vocal hate for that gen instead
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#10ZTIger5Posted 7/21/2013 9:45:21 PM
Why are there so many topics about why everyone loves/hates Hoenn? Can't we talk about Kalos?
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY