This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people hate gen 3?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why do people hate gen 3?
2 years ago#1
Is it because you couldn't transfer your pokemons from previous gens? Is it the excessive water? I liked Emerald and the Battle Frontier, so I don't really know why it gets so much hate.
2 years ago#2
I've wondered that too, honestly. R/S/E are good games. Sure the postgame in Ruby and Sapphire was underwhelming, but the actual game was pretty fun. I love the two evil teams, even if I wish they gave them a reason for wanting those radical climate changes. The Pokemon are pretty solid too.

I think a lot of it in the absence of a lot of Pokemon from previous gens, even if GF did remedy that within the generation.
2 years ago#3
Terrible soundfont
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
2 years ago#4
Water, water, and more water
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
2 years ago#5
I hated the games although some of my favorite pokes are from gen 3 the games are still my least favorite

Water and worst villians/rivals in the entire series (Hugh is pretty bad too but at least he's not completely useless)
---
Somewhere, Gamefreak employees are reading the topics on this board and laughing.-themagicpainman
2 years ago#6
I don't mind them. It just gets annoying sometimes, when people put any generation on a pedestal and 3 seems to be the latest choice.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
2 years ago#7
Every reason already said, plus gen three pokemon are generally pretty terribly. I cant actually think of a single one off the top of my head that I like. I'm sure there is probably a couple, but they aren't coming to mind. They are also that forgettable.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1679-1616-3854
2 years ago#8
I mainly dislike gen 3 for excessive surfing and the dirt easy difficulty. I would bring up the large number of filler pokemon like luvdisc,Kecleon, Delcatty, Armaldo, etc but that would be a little difficult to back up. Seeing how the definition of filler "pokemon" is vague at best.
---
"I do a lot of push ups and sit-ups and I drink plenty of juice"-Vegeta
2 years ago#9
It gets a lot of hate because it's in the limelight right now
As soon as the spotlight shifts to another gen (IV is probably next) there'll be a lot of vocal hate for that gen instead
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
2 years ago#10
Why are there so many topics about why everyone loves/hates Hoenn? Can't we talk about Kalos?
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why do people hate gen 3?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived