This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people hate gen 3?

#11zinformantPosted 7/21/2013 8:46:02 PM
DarkHeroZX posted...
I mainly dislike gen 3 for excessive surfing and the dirt easy difficulty. I would bring up the large number of filler pokemon like luvdisc,Kecleon, Delcatty, Armaldo, etc but that would be a little difficult to back up. Seeing how the definition of filler "pokemon" is vague at best.

At least you recognize that. My favorite batch overall is the third generation batch.

For the folks who A)aren't like me and love Hoenn or B)didn't grow up with it, there are valid reasons to dislike Hoenn. It's also worth noting it's very easy to get Jan Brady syndrome. With large camps of folks preferring the oldest (gen I) or newest (gen V) games, it's easy to forget the middle.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
Ocean should not derail the train.
#12EnferolunosPosted 7/21/2013 8:46:11 PM
ZTIger5 posted...
Why are there so many topics about why everyone loves/hates Hoenn? Can't we talk about Kalos?

Not really, other than "oh, the map looks pretty"
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Don't start unbelieving! Never do not feel your feelings!
#13AlI_About_The_UPosted 7/21/2013 8:48:30 PM
Why are there so many topics about why everyone loves/hates Hoenn? Can't we talk about Kalos?

Way more stuff to hate on in Hoenn, at the moment.

Don't worry, in a few years we will get around to that Kalos hate. I promise.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#14Scraggy26Posted 7/21/2013 8:53:42 PM
AlI_About_The_U posted...
Terrible soundfont

Great_Reapette posted...
Water, water, and more water

These. While I don't exactly hate it, I would rank it the lowest.
---
3DS FC: 1134-7667-3258
#15redFOX381Posted 7/24/2013 8:52:54 AM
gen 3 is my favorite, the people that don't like it are the "newgenners" that only like everything after D/P
---
"Hey, I can fit through there, you know why? Because I'm LITTLE"
#16KrulWarriorPosted 7/24/2013 8:55:41 AM
redFOX381 posted...
gen 3 is my favorite, the people that don't like it are the "newgenners" that only like everything after D/P

So wrong.
---
GT: Krul Warrior
#17chunkyshtewPosted 7/24/2013 8:56:01 AM
Didn't Gen 3 have the lttle hideouts that you could build? That was one of my favorite things so far in the pokemon series.
---
d(^o^)b ~ And then I ate the bowl!
#18pancakeboyPosted 7/24/2013 9:00:10 AM
Because people continue to make topics like this. I hate seeing these topics, because you don't know if that's the truth or not. They aren't being hated. Why haven't I seen a "Why do people hate Gen 4?" or "Why do people hate Gen 5?" topic. These topics are causing the hate, and this way, we'll never get remakes.
---
Favorite Pokemon games: Blue, Yellow, Stadiums 1/2, Gold, Emerald, LeafGreen, Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue, Platinum, HeartGold, Black 2
#19XWolfOPosted 7/24/2013 9:02:58 AM
Water, music, ugly Pokemon, and because all of the people who insist it's the best won't shut up

I personally think it was good, but not really the best generation like some people say it is.
---
Don't hesitate. When the time comes, just act.
#20LexifoxPosted 7/24/2013 9:03:20 AM
Generally people dislike it because...

1. They feel the music used too much trumpet.
2. They feel there was an overabundance of water.
3. They dislike the Pokemon, typically because they are too colourful, "overdesigned", etc.
4. They dislike being unable to transfer Pokemon over.
5. They dislike the lack of night/day.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod