This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Favorite Region

#31JarickoPosted 7/22/2013 2:36:28 AM
Scott1187 posted...
Jaricko posted...
Scott1187 posted...
Wut. Kanto is last? Either this board is full of trolls (more so than I already thought) or children too young to have played pokemon from the beginning. What a sad, sad state this board is in.

What was so good about it?

Best pokemon.
Best gym leaders.
Best rival.
Best professor (if anyone cares).
Best atmosphere
Etc.

But hey, I can list it's flaws too:

Worst post-game (due to limitations of Gameboy)
Not the best layout (still not bad though, and again, due to Gameboy limitations)
Simple gym puzzles (again, limitations)

Basically, if RBY were made using the same technology that BW has, it would shine far above the rest. As it is, it's still the best region though.

That is your opinion although I have to ask what does the pokemon, rival and professor have to do with the region? As far as i remember from Kanto... I remember things like mount moon (ugh!) and rock tunnel (ugh!!), some fairly small and often times uneventful towns although i will sing praises over lavender town for setting a mood pretty well in a way that no sequel has since. Although the ruins of Alph can a little bit.
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#32jEr3mYPosted 7/22/2013 3:01:31 AM
The later generations have a massive advantage over the earlier ones.... It would have been hard to implement snowy areas in Kanto..

The newer regions also were built on large game carts, and have better graphics.. so really it's an unfair vote...

but on that note, I like Kanto...
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 18 - updated 8 June 2013
#33GlitterGunsPosted 7/22/2013 4:08:23 AM
The immaculate Hoenn, blessed child of our Holy Father Masuda. We are unworthy of His celestial gift.