This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

your least favorite type, and the pokemon that makes you question that.

#1paiprPosted 7/22/2013 7:51:56 AM
so we all have it, that one type that you just dont like. im sure there are a few reasons for it, maybe its the moves, maybe the designs, maybe its the fact that its always x2 hitting your favorites. the point is we all have it, our least favorite type. that type you dont want to use. but also there may be those few types that make you question that dislike for that type.

for me its water types. dont know why ive never been able to fully enjoy them. added to that frustration is having to find one every gen to drop surf on. (ironically until a few gens ago flying type as my second favorite) the lack of decent specially attackers that learn surf doesnt help matters.

but then there is kabutops, one of the few water types i like. (who cant fully use surf effectively due to a far better physical attack to his special attack) but with a sweet design and some fun attacks its hard not to like him.

so whats your least favorite type? and what pokemon makes you kinda "forget" that dislike of that type?
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071
#2gladwyn101Posted 7/22/2013 7:59:04 AM(edited)
Probably Bug-types, because in my party, I usually have a Grass-type, Dark-type, and Psychic-type somewhere.

Edit: Despite that, I like Scyther and Venomoth a lot. Definitely my 2 favorite Bug-types.
---
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Snivy (Monty)
#3nickwarrior5Posted 7/22/2013 8:00:04 AM
Fairy type because fairys are very "girly" like and seeing it defeat my badass dragons is disappointed.
#4paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 8:54:30 AM
nickwarrior5 posted...
Fairy type because fairys are very "girly" like and seeing it defeat my badass dragons is disappointed.

Any fairy types that you actual like though?
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071
#5RDS1Posted 7/22/2013 9:00:44 AM
Either:

Fire, and pretty much any Fire-type introduced in Gen V.

Or:

Dragon, and stuff like Altaria, Giratina, and Latias that don't look a thing like any dragon I've ever seen.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#6X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/22/2013 9:03:18 AM
Normal and Dark.
I don't recall them all but the 1st Dark I think I hated was Murkrow.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#7uuurrrgghPosted 7/22/2013 9:03:56 AM
Bug types, they gave a very bad first impression on me.

However, I cannot deny Scizor's not only badass, but is also very good competitively. Of course, thr could also be due to my favorite type being mixed in.
---
Apparently, I'm nobody.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#8Arne83Posted 7/22/2013 9:05:03 AM
Electric.

To me, electric types have always seemed kinda... meh. There's nothing about them that really grabs my interests. I understand that they can be quite good... but at the same time, I can't really get myself to care enough about them to actually use one.

And then there is Luxray. Thing is flippin' badass. If only other electric types were half as awesome as it, I might actually use them more often.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals..." - Agent K.
#9Oak_TeaPosted 7/22/2013 9:17:00 AM
Electric types for me as well. I rarely end up using them in-game because I prefer Ice moves to get rid of Flying types and Grass moves to get rid of Water types (especially because Water/Ground seems to come up pretty often).

However, I have a soft-spot for the Mareep line because it was the first Electric type I ever really used in-game. It's found early in the game, and it wasn't Pikachu, which was cool.
I also like Electabuzz, but you can rarely catch one early enough for my tastes. Despite that, he's currently in my team in my playthrough of Red.

(Yes, I do have trouble with in-game Gyarados)
---
Now playing: FFX-2, Pokemon Emerald (Nuzlocke)
#10EnferolunosPosted 7/22/2013 9:19:10 AM
Poison
Scolipede
Also possibly Skrelp
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Don't start unbelieving! Never do not feel your feelings!