This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For those who have seen the new mewtwo movie, why is it a female now?

#11Arne83Posted 7/22/2013 10:34:57 AM
ManuKesna posted...
mmm thanks! Why would they create another mewtwo tho? and it acts kind of the same destroying the lab and thinking is the most powerful pokemon ever

It wasn't the same group of people.

Like I said, it exists because cop-out bull****.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals..." - Agent K.
#12gamester_12345Posted 7/22/2013 10:43:09 AM
Apparently the Mewtwo in this movie is a seperate Mewtwo than the Movie 1 one, Mewtwo (M1) erased everyone's memories, but Ash being the general idiot he is, shown compassion towards rescuing Mewtwo in Mewtwo Returns which lead to Mewtwo not erasing Ash's, the Gang's, Team Rocket's and Mewtwo's clone's minds.

In this movie, the Mewtwo is a different one, what the trailer doesn't show is that the reason Ash calls out Mewtwo not because he "just saw him and called out danger to him for the first time in ages" but because apparently Mewtwo shown and revealed himself to Ash before blocking one of the Genesect....THEN it changes forme.

I assume this Mewtwo's tendency of using feminine pronouns is just a case of neutralizing its own gender, it was created from cells, and females generally gives birth, so by definition since it is a living creature, it must have some girl in there somewhere, despite the inability to breed.

Shame Sableye and Charizard doesn't do anything that significant in the movie, apparently the movie was basically Mewtwo vs Genesect, featuring Ash, wouldn't be surprised if everyone was only mad for Orotto just because it wasn't revealed yet.....still don't know the context which people sees it though.
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2373
KoL: Plucky, currently a Avatar of Jarlsberg
#13PkmTrainerAbramPosted 7/22/2013 11:14:21 AM
I'm still confused on this. In one of the trailers Ash recognised Mewtwo when Cilian didn't, and now people(who haven't seen the movie but going by what Pokebech wrote) are saying he doesn't know what a Mewtwo is.

I would like to know the exact context for him asking Mewtwo what he is. Does he legitimately not know what he is, or is he confused that Mewtwo sounds and behaves different and is trying to get clarification on exactly WHO the new one is?

If Mewtwo Returns is not cannon, it makes perfect sense for him to not know what a M2 is, even funnier, that people who say he should remember it from movie one probably didn't see it or don't remember themselves that the movie's end pretty much justified him in not knowing what it could be.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Plat/HG(492/492, 4 Star Gold Card/5 Star Black Trainer Card,), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online sparingly)
#14DrakoVongola1Posted 7/22/2013 11:19:48 AM
gamester_12345 posted...

Shame Sableye and Charizard doesn't do anything that significant in the movie, apparently the movie was basically Mewtwo vs Genesect, featuring Ash, wouldn't be surprised if everyone was only mad for Orotto just because it wasn't revealed yet.....still don't know the context which people sees it though.

I do not mind this. I love Mewtwo (Still hate that this a different one), I hate Ash.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#15DarkKirby2500Posted 7/22/2013 11:24:52 AM
Mewtwo in The First Movie was basically god.

In Mewtwo Returns Ash and party remembers Mewtwo even though their memories were supposed to be erased and Mewtwo was nerfed heavily because he was no longer the villain.

New Mewtwo exists with no explanation given.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#16CakeOfLiesPosted 7/22/2013 11:26:30 AM
I'm gonna laugh when Mewtwo's voice is masculine in the English dub.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF