This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Faith you have in Gamefreak that they will nerf permanent weather abilities?

#11AysanderPosted 7/22/2013 6:29:59 PM
They might nerf it somehow, but atm I'm gonna say doubt it...The best solution imo is to make Golduck have better stats to make use of it's Cloud Nine, combined with it's adaptable mixed sets, to bluff Drizzle users into fighting with some caution.

As it is now, you could theoretically have a sun and rain battle in singles where both players are constantly switching till one of them says "eff it" and punks the other person's perma-weather poke, hoping for a ohko or 2hko.
#12aznStaRBoYPosted 7/22/2013 6:41:30 PM
They did finally nerf dragons, but I doubt anything will change regarding weather.
---
[This message was deleted by a gameFAQs moderator]
#13AysanderPosted 7/22/2013 6:42:57 PM
aznStaRBoY posted...
They did finally nerf dragons, but I doubt anything will change regarding weather.

I know Weather is centralized on smogon, but I honestly wonder how centralized it is in the VGC's and stuff? Gamefreak might legitimately not see it as a problem right now if it's not making up 50%+ of the VGC tournament teams.
#14CakeOfLiesPosted 7/22/2013 6:49:04 PM
Why not just buff Cloud Nine and Air Lock to eliminate weather instead of just the effects of it.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#15DarkKirby2500(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 11:57:38 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
Why not just buff Cloud Nine and Air Lock to eliminate weather instead of just the effects of it.

The game is then still centralized around weather teams and countering weather teams. Unless this "Air Lock" Pokemon is OP like Garchomp in which case the game would just be centralized around that Pokemon. In any case it's still heavily reducing the amount of viable Pokemon.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#16MecamattPosted 7/23/2013 12:18:23 PM
Eh, usually something new comes into play to dominate the meta game regardless of something else being nerfed, but that doesn't mean game freak hasn't tried to balance the game before. I mean, all the types that have been added post-gen 1 were made to nerf/buff other types. The problem GF faces is that they need weather to be a viable option in the meta game, but not the obvious and only choice. The simplest way to do this is to just make better pokes have cloud nine. Giving it to a wall would be pretty excellent.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2251-4708-8870 Guys, check out my kickstarter!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/742636845/the-cumulus-engines-debut-record
#17SilverSockPosted 7/23/2013 3:23:50 PM
I still vote that Cloud Nine clears weather on entry instead of temporarily stopping its effects. Seems like a simple change that might at least slow weather down.
---
3DS FC-2552-1309-1796 Name: Indy