This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Pokemon X is supposed to be the 17th best game in gamefaqs, besides...

#1axelmar2002Posted 7/22/2013 3:41:39 PM
IT'S NOT EVEN RELEASED YET....

Really, don't get me wrong, I grew up on Pokemon, played through Gen I-IV and skimmed a bit og Gen V, played most spin-offs and sincerely sometimes I though the Mystery Dungeon series beats the main games flats many times TBH, the Ranger series were meh but I enjoyed them non-theless....

Now really, how much hype can those games get, they're not even out yet, even when they do, people know what to expect, it's not like Nintendo/Gamefreaks tried to revolutionize their super cash cow the last 10 years or so lol, it's always the same formula, which I admit it's good to start with but for long-playing fans it gets annoying in the end, they are just lazy, they think that they release some gimmicky fourth rate secondary content here and there they can call that renovation, while they still didn't take out the majorly outdated mechanics of grid-based moving and random encounters,
it feels, every gen you get less for your money, as the core of the games is mostly the same and each Gen they get more expensive, so yeah they do update graphics, but never to something stellar and they never go to the edge in design department....
Also I'd like to see they change the battles to be more hack and slash style, I mean taking direct control of your Pokes and being about to move with it in the battleground, having 4 buttons for movements, also instead PP they should make some Recharge system instead for more realistyc combat, making the scenary destroyable could be a nice touch too haha....
but really I think they could give it a better shot, all major franchises DO improve mechanics, sometimes replace them for better ones, Mario, Zelda, DK, Metroid, you name it, Gamefreaks are just being lazy bums, also from what I see, I think they started to do new Pokemons(Vivileon~Butterfree, Noivern~Garchomp, Litleo~Shinx, Chespin~Oshawwot, Talonflame~Staraptor) that are pallete swap from earlier ones, how much can you even keep falling for money?

They don't even care about the fans anymore.
---
---
Megaman Starforce 3 RJ: 2065-2545-6140
#2Hughs_RagePosted 7/22/2013 3:42:44 PM
I'm hoping this isn't serious
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdtqd6EJTY1qlpahho1_500.jpg My husbando <3
#3P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 7/22/2013 3:43:10 PM
It doesn't matter if it's the same formula, because that formula works.

The pokemon franchise is based around mechanics, pokemon collecting, battling, and the different regions. Those are what changes between generations. The formula remains.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#4GATTJTPosted 7/22/2013 3:45:02 PM
Guys, a really popular game series is getting a new installment, why is it so popular, I dun get it?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xjBAd5G84
#5jamieyelloPosted 7/22/2013 3:47:26 PM
I didn't read it, but I'm assuming it's another Pokemon is doomed topic.

Another one.
---
WHEEEEEERES YOOUUUR HEEAAAAD AAAT
#6NekoHime64Posted 7/22/2013 3:52:55 PM
Oh sure, and games like CoD are just SOOO original? At least pokemon games are good.
---
Unofficial Sneasel of anything ever.
"I'm a girl btw." - TherianReturns
#7axelmar2002(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 4:01:52 PM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...

The pokemon franchise is based around mechanics, pokemon collecting, battling, and the different regions. Those are what changes between generations. The formula remains.

That's the deal, they barely change core mechanics, some of them are completely unnecesary, they should at least make free movement possible and take off those annoying random encounters, they could do it in Dragon Quest IX, why not here, it makes the game more grinding, less playing?.
Also the EVs/IVs is really the worst idea ever, to get a Pokemon with good IVs, EV train him, get it with the right Ability and all that crap can take days, if not weeks, depending on your free time, most people end up using AR cheats anyway lol because it's just a waste of time, extra grinding for nothing sor of thing....
---
---
Megaman Starforce 3 RJ: 2065-2545-6140
#8AnaTheCatPosted 7/22/2013 4:05:55 PM
When you grow up, TC... you will accept that people spend their money on whatever brings them the most happiness. So if some guy has been able to buy and enjoy every Pokemon since Red and Blue, don't be jealous.
#9MasterSpectrobePosted 7/22/2013 4:09:48 PM
MOST POPULAR GAMES, MOST WANTED FAQS

Where does it say best on the front page?
---
"Super Saiyans playing children's card games in space"
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/8537/superyuuma1.jpg
#10KaizukezuPosted 7/22/2013 4:13:54 PM
axelmar2002 posted...
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...

Also the EVs/IVs is really the worst idea ever, to get a Pokemon with good IVs, EV train him, get it with the right Ability and all that crap can take days, if not weeks, depending on your free time, most people end up using AR cheats anyway lol because it's just a waste of time, extra grinding for nothing sor of thing....
---

Uuhh... if you don't like ev training or breeding for good ivs, then don't do it. It's not a requirement for beating the game. I have yet to ev train a single Pokemon, and I probably never will. But that doesnt stop me from beating and enjoying the game. (I dont do competitive battling, so why bother ev training)

I don't understand who you're trying to persuade. Most of the people on this board are buying the game whether you rant about it or not.

See you in October.