This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why isn't Groudon Ground/Steel?

#11DrakoVongola1Posted 7/22/2013 5:51:07 PM
Terrene07 posted...
X_Ayumi_X posted...
Groudon looks nothing like Steel.
Rayquaza does, Groudon doesn't, neither does Kyogre.

No it doesn't.

He kind of looks like he could have metal plates on him.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#12Duskull24Posted 7/22/2013 6:09:02 PM
AboveTopSecret posted...
Well that's a fallacy on their part. I mean what constitute Pokemon to a certain type? Look at the handful of Pokemon getting retconned to Fairy type. They should at least explain.

How is this a fallacy? Game Freak creates the pokemon and as such they get to decide what they are. Drawing assumptions as to what something should look like and being wrong doesn't constitute a fallacy on the opposing party.
---
Not changing this sig until Gamefreak brings back the Trick Master. Started 9-19-10
#13Chaos_MissilePosted 7/22/2013 6:14:23 PM
You know what makes more sense than this? Rhydon. Armor-plated, steel-colored hide much?

Then GF went ahead and gave him Rhyperior, thus solidifying the horrible Ground/Rock typing.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#14JarickoPosted 7/22/2013 6:15:27 PM
Thepenguinking2 posted...
He needs to be grass/Ground so Kyogre doesen't spit on him all the time.

Ice! Ice! Baby!
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#15JarickoPosted 7/22/2013 6:21:55 PM
Chaos_Missile posted...
You know what makes more sense than this? Rhydon. Armor-plated, steel-colored hide much?

Then GF went ahead and gave him Rhyperior, thus solidifying the horrible Ground/Rock typing.

Rhyperior would have just been another steelix if they made it part steel but i would not have minded.
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#16TomahaawkPosted 7/22/2013 6:22:27 PM
Let's ask Charizard, he seems to be an expert in these types of things.
---
IGN Echoedsong. Always looking for good god cards.
#17Firemaster5Posted 7/22/2013 6:24:33 PM
Those are bones and claws, TC.
If anything, it should be Fire/Ground or Ground/Fire seeing as to how it has traits, including appearance and color, of a Fire type.
---
"Sorry to be frank but if you were interested in JRPGs and bought a 360 only then you flat out chose the wrong system."-Thamauturge
#18WinglerfishPosted 7/22/2013 8:35:06 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
Terrene07 posted...
X_Ayumi_X posted...
Groudon looks nothing like Steel.
Rayquaza does, Groudon doesn't, neither does Kyogre.

No it doesn't.

He kind of looks like he could have metal plates on him.

This.

Although I get where TC's coming from, Rayquaza made me think of some weird space-station dragon when I first saw it.