This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Flying / Grass Done right.

#1JarickoPosted 7/22/2013 7:45:55 PM
I want another grass / flying pokemon.. or to break the mold some more, Flying / Grass to be the third primary flying type.

Why grass flying you ask? Don't we already have 2? you say...

Well we have yet to have one that can use the typing to its perfection. Sure its another 4x ice weakness, sure we have tons of them but its the ideal seed stalling type.

I want okay bulk out of this type and the right coverage. 80 - 95 in the defenses is not asking for too much right? that would be a good enough amount to make this work. Maybe okay speed or an ability that supports its speed like chloro.

Move coverage, I want access to leech seed, fly or sky drop ( they should have sky drop fixed by 6th gen ) or both. Substitute, although almost everything learns that. Toxic, again almost everything has access to that.

As for abilities.
Chlorophyll
Sap Sipper
Leaf Guard.

90 HP
60 - 95 attack
80 - 95 defense
60 - 95 special attack
80 - 95 special defense
80- 90 speed

Best case scenario in this its a 560 stat total which is not the best available in OU
450 in the worst case scenario. Comparable also exists in OU although with this total it would likely be UU.
Fairly balanced stat allocation right, Fairly comparible to kingdra whos all 90's.
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#2Swampert27Posted 7/22/2013 7:54:40 PM
Ok.
#3iKhanicPosted 7/22/2013 7:56:43 PM
We actually have 4

Skiploom, Jumpluff, Tropius, and Shaymin-S
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#4Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 7:59:12 PM
iKhanic posted...
We actually have 4

Well when i said 2 i was referring the jumpluff like and tropus. Kinda forgot shaymin existed. Although Shaymin still does not make good use of the typing. Hes just good because of serene grace. If it did not have access to that it would probably be an OU pokemon.
---
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#5hiphops_saviorPosted 7/22/2013 8:08:02 PM
iKhanic posted...
We actually have 4

Five, Hoppip is also Grass/Flying.

Jumpluff was a fantastic annoyer, though, and Tropius is a great HM slave.
#6AysanderPosted 7/22/2013 8:20:34 PM
Wish I got to show off my mad tropius skills more...and trust me, I'm in the lower 0.000001% of players xD

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/tiershift-41099256
#7iKhanicPosted 7/22/2013 8:28:39 PM
Jaricko posted...
iKhanic posted...
We actually have 4

Well when i said 2 i was referring the jumpluff like and tropus. Kinda forgot shaymin existed. Although Shaymin still does not make good use of the typing. Hes just good because of serene grace. If it did not have access to that it would probably be an OU pokemon.

Air Slash with Serene Grace for 60% chance of flinch isn't a good use?
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#8Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 8:36:49 PM
iKhanic posted...
Jaricko posted...
iKhanic posted...
We actually have 4

Air Slash with Serene Grace for 60% chance of flinch isn't a good use?

I mentioned serene grace and i specified he does not make great use of the typing. Flying has moves that are naturally great for stalling in sky drop and fly. And Grass type commonly carries a wide array of status coverage. Jumpluff comes really close to what i want but its not bulky and only has bounce.
---