This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I never did understand why they kept the Normal/Flying thing.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I never did understand why they kept the Normal/Flying thing.
3 years ago#1
Remember in the first generation when you wanted to use Gengar against a Psychic type, and it just went awfully both ways? This is how I feel when using Fighting types against Flying types. I don't do it often, but when it happens, I just think to myself, "Why did it have to be this way?" I mean I know, I could use Thunder, Rock, or even Ice, but seriously? Just... UHG! One of those things y'know?
3 years ago#2
I know.
3 years ago#3
I have no idea what you are talking about.
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
3 years ago#4
nro87 posted...
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Flying resists fighting. A good chunk of flying types are mixed with normal therefore the resistance becomes neutral. Although in return they avoid ghost types.
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
3 years ago#5
cuz pidgeot.
**** you SE for trolling us with that TWEWY port. I hate you.
3 years ago#6
Noctus3 posted...
cuz pidgeot.

So much so, yes.
3 years ago#7
So why don't you hate Skarmory, then? Or Murk/Honchkrow.
The official Megami Tensei Art Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board. Why? Why not? Because. Maybe. Exactly. My hair is bigger than you.
3 years ago#8
It's just a Normal/Flying bird theme for every generation, and they tend not to have too high of base stats or movepools. Personally I love birds so I welcome this theme but I wish they could be a bit better in their evolutions.
3 years ago#9
phoenixflame95 posted...
It's just a Normal/Flying bird theme for every generation, and they tend not to have too high of base stats or movepools. Personally I love birds so I welcome this theme but I wish they could be a bit better in their evolutions.

Staraptor.

And hopefully Talonflame.
The official Megami Tensei Art Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board. Why? Why not? Because. Maybe. Exactly. My hair is bigger than you.
3 years ago#10
FenriLoki posted...
So why don't you hate Skarmory, then? Or Murk/Honchkrow.

Because their types are more specific and do not simply entail a bland sense of state. For example, Honchkrow fits a specific role, but Normal/Flying simply can be specified as "general birds". Also, they aren't as abundant as Normal/Flying types.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I never did understand why they kept the Normal/Flying thing.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived