This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I never did understand why they kept the Normal/Flying thing.

#1ajko000Posted 7/22/2013 7:54:07 PM
Remember in the first generation when you wanted to use Gengar against a Psychic type, and it just went awfully both ways? This is how I feel when using Fighting types against Flying types. I don't do it often, but when it happens, I just think to myself, "Why did it have to be this way?" I mean I know, I could use Thunder, Rock, or even Ice, but seriously? Just... UHG! One of those things y'know?
#2Swampert27Posted 7/22/2013 7:56:15 PM
I know.
#3nro87Posted 7/22/2013 7:56:40 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#4JarickoPosted 7/22/2013 8:00:44 PM
nro87 posted...
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Flying resists fighting. A good chunk of flying types are mixed with normal therefore the resistance becomes neutral. Although in return they avoid ghost types.
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#5Noctus3Posted 7/22/2013 8:04:22 PM
cuz pidgeot.
---
**** you SE for trolling us with that TWEWY port. I hate you.
#6ajko000(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 9:00:48 PM
Noctus3 posted...
cuz pidgeot.

So much so, yes.
#7FenriLokiPosted 7/22/2013 9:10:37 PM
So why don't you hate Skarmory, then? Or Murk/Honchkrow.
---
The official Megami Tensei Art Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board. Why? Why not? Because. Maybe. Exactly. My hair is bigger than you.
#8phoenixflame95Posted 7/22/2013 9:20:02 PM
It's just a Normal/Flying bird theme for every generation, and they tend not to have too high of base stats or movepools. Personally I love birds so I welcome this theme but I wish they could be a bit better in their evolutions.
#9FenriLokiPosted 7/22/2013 9:21:58 PM
phoenixflame95 posted...
It's just a Normal/Flying bird theme for every generation, and they tend not to have too high of base stats or movepools. Personally I love birds so I welcome this theme but I wish they could be a bit better in their evolutions.

Staraptor.

And hopefully Talonflame.
---
The official Megami Tensei Art Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board. Why? Why not? Because. Maybe. Exactly. My hair is bigger than you.
#10ajko000(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 9:34:55 PM
FenriLoki posted...
So why don't you hate Skarmory, then? Or Murk/Honchkrow.

Because their types are more specific and do not simply entail a bland sense of state. For example, Honchkrow fits a specific role, but Normal/Flying simply can be specified as "general birds". Also, they aren't as abundant as Normal/Flying types.