This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So can we agree that Raikou/Entei/Suicune are legendary Gerbils?

#1DonCSRCorleonePosted 7/22/2013 9:43:41 PM
It seems like it plus the dog/cat thing is pretty annoying to contest.
---
"Face it... you turn your back on the present and live in the past...because the light of the present is too much."-Sephiroth
#2Firelion6593Posted 7/22/2013 9:44:52 PM
I just call 'em "beasts" and leave it at that.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#3AlI_About_The_UPosted 7/22/2013 9:45:25 PM
Beasys
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#4PrettyTonyTigerPosted 7/22/2013 9:46:10 PM
I already proved they were cats in my 500 thread a while back
---
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
I am god basically
#5KaizukezuPosted 7/22/2013 9:55:30 PM
PrettyTonyTiger posted...

You have proven nothing.

The Silver Pokedex entry for Raikou says: A Pokémon that races across the land while barking a cry that sounds like crashing thunder.
Entei's Gold Pokedex entry mentions Entei barking as well: Volcanoes erupt when it barks. Un-able to restrain its extreme power, it races headlong around the land.

Last I knew, cats didn't bark. (Though I'm sure someone will provide a youtube link of some sort with a cat that makes barking noises...)

Suicune doesn't have the snout of a cat, it's more dog-like.

If anything they are just "Beasts". Not feline or canine. Besides, do ANY of the Pokemon games specifically say that Raikou, Entei, and Suicune are anything but "Beasts"?
#6PrettyTonyTigerPosted 7/22/2013 9:57:25 PM
Kaizukezu posted...
PrettyTonyTiger posted...

You have proven nothing.

The Silver Pokedex entry for Raikou says: A Pokémon that races across the land while barking a cry that sounds like crashing thunder.
Entei's Gold Pokedex entry mentions Entei barking as well: Volcanoes erupt when it barks. Un-able to restrain its extreme power, it races headlong around the land.

Last I knew, cats didn't bark. (Though I'm sure someone will provide a youtube link of some sort with a cat that makes barking noises...)

If anything they are just "Beasts". Not feline or canine. Besides, do ANY of the Pokemon games specifically say that Raikou, Entei, and Suicune are anything but "Beasts"?

Barking genrally is just roaring kinda but more strictly used for dogs. Watch this video and tell me the lions aren't "barking"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUYoCPbs4tc

Though The sound is called chuffing and they do it for contact calls
---
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
I am god basically
#7Probit_ReturnPosted 7/22/2013 9:58:20 PM
Firelion6593 posted...

Yeah, me too. The whole cats vs. dogs debate makes me groan.
---
Hinako danced crazy
#8PrettyTonyTigerPosted 7/22/2013 10:01:22 PM
Probit_Return posted...
Firelion6593 posted...

Yeah, me too. The whole cats vs. dogs debate makes me groan.

Why does it make you "groan"? All you have to do is accept they are cats because they so obviously are!!

Raikou- CLEARLY a tiger. If you cannot see it then you are simply deluded basically
Entei- Myths say its based off of Chinese gaurdian lions so that's also proven.
Suicune- Debateable. But since the other 2 are obviously cats, This guy has to be too, Jagaur spots but hyena like body (before anyone says anything, YES hyenas are feli forms, NOT CANINES)
---
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
I am god basically
#9FuneralCakePosted 7/22/2013 10:03:01 PM
Kaizukezu posted...

Last I knew, cats didn't bark.

Fun fact: One of the Japanese words for "bark" is the same as the word for "roar." Entei's Diamond entry uses the same word as the one for Gold in Japanese, yet is "roar" is used in Diamond, while "bark" is used in Gold. Translation stupidity.

You have to remember that this is the same translation team that called Blastoise a Shellfish (should have been shell or carapace), Weedle a Hairy Bug (should have been caterpillar), and other things like that. They do stupid stuff.

I disagree. Its shape is ambiguous; not any more dog-like than it is cat-like. Big cats often do have decently long snouts.

Besides, do ANY of the Pokemon games specifically say that Raikou, Entei, and Suicune are anything but "Beasts"?

Despite what anyone may say, nope.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#10PrettyTonyTigerPosted 7/22/2013 10:04:50 PM
Idk this for a fact but did GF or the games even call refer to them as beasts at all ever? I'm sure someone told me that they never were in fact, it's just a fan term
---
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
I am god basically