This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Theorymoning here but how viable would quickstall be ingen 6

#1carpediempimpPosted 7/22/2013 11:52:15 PM
I know it was near impossible to use outside of ubers in gen 5

If you don't already know quick stall uses faster less defensive pokemon to annoy and cripple pokemon before they can attack and stall them out that way.

I'm thinking should parting shot become move with wide availability it opens up new layers to this play style.

By using parting shot to control your opponent offensive power you'd be able to not only take momentum but use more general walls to cover wider range of pokemon.

The only problems with this is parting shot doesn't really effect set up sweeeprs how can set up faster then you can reduce their attacking stats and that the parting shot user may not be able to come in on repeated threats to nerf them, putting more burden on your general wall.

I'm really thinking about play styles 3 months before release.
---
Just do it
#2carpediempimp(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 8:33:29 AM
Bump
---
Just do it
#3InhaledCornPosted 7/23/2013 8:39:49 AM
I actually can't really see Parting Shot used all that much. While it makes the resulting switch-in easier, unless it's the opponent's last Pokemon, they'll just switch in an appropriate counter. Of course, if Pangoro is slower than the things you want to switch in on, Parting Shot won't see much use on it anyway.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#4kakashik99992Posted 7/23/2013 8:44:41 AM
Ever since the stall metagame of gen II gamefreak seems to be actively going out of their wy to make stall a less viable choice this is more obvious in gen V and in the focus on double battles for tourneys. Even the defensive pokemon have a more offensive way to play like ferrothorn or serperior

So my bet is no if anything stall will become more difficult to do along the generations especially if they nerf weather
---
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150
#5carpediempimp(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 9:34:37 AM
InhaledCorn posted...
I actually can't really see Parting Shot used all that much. While it makes the resulting switch-in easier, unless it's the opponent's last Pokemon, they'll just switch in an appropriate counter. Of course, if Pangoro is slower than the things you want to switch in on, Parting Shot won't see much use on it anyway.

Forcing switches is important to stall though, every switch in they lose like 20 % health it also gives you free turns

A parting shot quick stall team will be an Aggressive defensive team style
---
Just do it
#6carpediempimp(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 9:42:45 AM
A team like this would be built like

Prankster parting shot user
Strong defensive pokemon 1
Strong defensive pokemon 2
Fast parting shot user
Special defensive pokemon 1
Special defensive pokemon 2

Obviously some of this pokemon would have multiple roles like wish user, spinner and cleric but the teams ability to control momentum as long as your parting shot users are complete dead weight defensively.
---
Just do it
#7Ray GunPosted 7/23/2013 9:54:07 AM
if people don't realize that parting shot is going to be easily the best move in the game then idk what's wrong with them
---
rg
#8gamepimp12Posted 7/23/2013 12:20:19 PM
Ray Gun posted...
if people don't realize that parting shot is going to be easily the best move in the game then idk what's wrong with them

They don't understand how good a move that lowers both attacks and allows you to switch is.

Seriously it stops most non boosting sweepers in their tracks, works with prankster and allowed switch ins to a counter or a sweeper.

Top five move in the game easy as long as it has good Availability.
---
we rich now but used to be slaves,we pushing whips now we used to be whipped,rockin chains when we used to be in 'em
#9carpediempimp(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 3:49:26 PM
Bump
---
Just do it
#10carpediempimp(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 7:05:15 PM
Bump
---
Just do it