This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll of the day: Gen 5 is the worst

#11darkus_fPosted 7/23/2013 11:11:26 AM
ElectricNova posted...
BACON WINS

---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549 PSN: darkus_f
PWB F5: Dolph, Orton, Punk, Henry, Reigns
#12SettaWorldTeethPosted 7/23/2013 11:11:48 AM
I didn't like the map design, quite a few of the Pokemon designs and how the metagame panned out so I guess you could say it's my least favourite gen. I still enjoyed playing it though.
---
PSN:Some_randm_freak
#13patkelly929Posted 7/23/2013 11:35:53 AM
The generations of Pokemon, though spaced out much farther between games, have a much similar cycle to that of Call of Duty.

There's the people who swear by Gen 1, like those who swear by CoD4. You cannot change their minds. Despite them being excellent foundations for games, they certainly aren't the end all be all of their series.

Typically, once the new one comes out, they start talking about how the previous one (gen/game) was worse.

Then a couple months in, they start saying this one is worse than the previous by leaps and bounds. Mostly because of the changes that were put in, and they haven't quite adjusted. OP this, OP that. Then they go back one or two games/gens and talk about how awesome it was.

Example:

Right now, it seems that the general consensus is Gen VI will blow us away, Gen V needs to go, Gen IV sucked (despite us loving it when it came out), Gen III is the one that people are playing again and want the game to go back to.

Right now, it seems that the general consensus is COD Ghosts will blow us away, Black Ops II needs to go, MW3 sucked (despite us loving it when it came out), MW2 is the one that people are playing again and want the game to go back to.

As much as I hate to correlate the two, it's a sad truth. I've been a huge fan of Pokemon since Gen 1, and I've unfortunately also been part of the CoD community for far too long.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
#14Junta_JastPosted 7/23/2013 11:40:15 AM(edited)
patkelly929 posted...
The generations of Pokemon, though spaced out much farther between games, have a much similar cycle to that of Call of Duty.

There's the people who swear by Gen 1, like those who swear by CoD4. You cannot change their minds. Despite them being excellent foundations for games, they certainly aren't the end all be all of their series.

Typically, once the new one comes out, they start talking about how the previous one (gen/game) was worse.

Then a couple months in, they start saying this one is worse than the previous by leaps and bounds. Mostly because of the changes that were put in, and they haven't quite adjusted. OP this, OP that. Then they go back one or two games/gens and talk about how awesome it was.

Example:

Right now, it seems that the general consensus is Gen VI will blow us away, Gen V needs to go, Gen IV sucked (despite us loving it when it came out), Gen III is the one that people are playing again and want the game to go back to.

Right now, it seems that the general consensus is COD Ghosts will blow us away, Black Ops II needs to go, MW3 sucked (despite us loving it when it came out), MW2 is the one that people are playing again and want the game to go back to.

As much as I hate to correlate the two, it's a sad truth. I've been a huge fan of Pokemon since Gen 1, and I've unfortunately also been part of the CoD community for far too long.

Final Fantasy fans are even worse.
---
Official DEM PANTS of the PS4 KH3 Board http://i.imgur.com/pFfdC.gif
Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for the first time, Battlefield 3, P4A
#15Aurawhisperer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 12:41:56 PM
The only FF games i loved were FFTLOW, FF3 (one with cecil and Kain) FF7, and FF10. The previous FF was the worst.
---
Countdown to pokemon X & Y and PS4.
Burn Black and White.