This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

aren't you too old for pokemon? your reaction

#1MonkeyDTimPosted 7/23/2013 12:01:16 PM
how do you react if someone questions why you still play pokemon at your age? i'm 20 and i effing love pokemon to death.
---
3DS Friend Code is 2964-8850-6867
#2DutchKrakenPosted 7/23/2013 12:04:49 PM
"No, I'm not" *then smile*

People confuse the games with the anime sometimes. Anime teached the rules of the game, and the game is what you play :).

I am the only one in my personal area that happens to like playing Pokémon, so I get that response a lot :).
---
X360: QuakeNLD - Steam: kraken.nld
Currently playing: Borderlands 2 (PC) - Waiting: Watchdogs (PS4), Pokemon X/Y (3DS)
#3SirPikachuPosted 7/23/2013 12:05:25 PM
I tell them that I like what I like and not try to automatically conform to whatever society wants me to do.

Also the only people who do that to me are stupid people, like my cousin who barely graduated high school and still lives at home, and my aunt who barely makes a living working as a mail-carrier. Then They say I wont get anywhere in life playing Pokémon.
#4PsychoWolfXPosted 7/23/2013 12:06:07 PM
There is no such thing as being too old for Pokemon. I still love it and I'm 26. Maybe in 60 or so years when I'm blind/crippled/dead I'll think about giving it up.
#5the_cajun88Posted 7/23/2013 12:06:46 PM
'No.'
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg
#6ElectricNovaPosted 7/23/2013 12:07:42 PM
I once saw a user here on Gamefaqs (sorry can't remember who, whoever you are you're a genius) give the best response to this. Not taking any credit for this okay.

"So yeah, Pokémon is for kids. So are boobs, doesn't mean I can't enjoy them."

Wins argument. Presuming they like boobs of course.
---
"France is a place for beauty....and beauty makes people want to sex you..." Nightinangle, on the topic of France
Official Rayquaza of X and Y boards
#7SlimeStackPosted 7/23/2013 12:11:38 PM(edited)
I don't get how people keep getting asked this question. It doesn't occur to most people near me to comment on things like this.

Edit: I also don't get why people try to come up with smartass and/or insulting responses. No need to be so defensive.
---
Blah.
#86bananzaPosted 7/23/2013 12:08:36 PM
I'm 13 and people say I'm too old. I've got my friends who play Pokemon and those who don't, and the rest of the school thinks we're nerds, but we don't care.
---
http://dragcave.net/user/6bananza http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/6bananza#0
"You can call me 6banz. Just don't call me maybe" ~Me
#9Thepenguinking2Posted 7/23/2013 12:08:58 PM
"You're never too old for anything. Now let me watch Dora the explorer."
---
Mentions of Zangoose since 6/27/2013 as of this post: 39
Official Shadow Zangoose of the X board and Salamence of PGD!
#10X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/23/2013 12:09:49 PM(edited)
I would go
"I rather play Pokémon than look like an idiot making videos or pics all over Facebook, Skype, Twitter and always on a PDA or Smart Phone."
"Video games is my anti drug!"

Then I do a Pokémon Trainer pose and jump off the edge of whatever I was asked on and vanish into the darkness like an evil spirit and then when they turn around they see me and I will clench my hand into their face and slowly suck away their life and put it into a Poe bottle to bring it home to my Gengar to give him some yums to eat.

Is that the right answer? I'm wondering, because I was never once asked that or told that before.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender || PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to. 3DS: 2921 9091 2567