This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

lets settle this once and for all. how old is "too" old?

#11Parasect_FanPosted 7/23/2013 5:14:42 PM
Dead is too old.
---
Sermo meus tela potentissima
#12PsychoWolfXPosted 7/23/2013 5:23:24 PM
Age means nothing to me when it comes to video games/cartoons/anime. Anyone who thinks differently has two options.

1. Be a adult and accept the fact that everyone likes different things.
2. Be a immature judgmental idiot and forever be ignored.
#13KeeperOfShadowsPosted 7/23/2013 5:36:40 PM
When every time you press a button it feels like your finger is gonna snap in half.
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
You're too angry... calm down... and let the madness take hold. - Arne83
#14LingFromXingPosted 7/23/2013 5:47:36 PM
Age ain't nothing but a number baby.
---
3DS friendcode: 1461-6371-6668
#15RAPTall1Posted 7/23/2013 5:53:40 PM
Enferolunos posted...
Dead

Darn, I was going to say this.
---
SS FC: 3653-5956-7380
White FC: 0346-8581-1315
#16javel34Posted 7/23/2013 6:04:09 PM
Bronies help me feel more secure.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 http://zettai-cosplay.deviantart.com/art/Skyla-Cosplay-244148531 my wife. Doesn't count Tiger, this ones real.
#17gamester_12345Posted 7/23/2013 7:30:56 PM
I just assume that Mario gets by because he's basically a gaming icon that everyone has played, the game's lack of continuity and speech makes it easy to pickup, but platforming is still a basic genre but enjoyable in today's times.

But then Pokemon has had children in mind from the start, lots of merchandise such as toys, anime, manga, trading cards and whatever else, it might just be because it never gets outright edgy or maybe current children are just "aged up", for them stuff like Halo and GTA makes them adults whereas older Pokemon fans might be attracted to either the strategic value, it being an RPG or even series loyalty.

It's a hard place to put a finger on, shame Pokemon never became so publicly popular since the 2000's though, Pokemon opened the floodgates for Anime and whatever else, nearly 20 kids in my class had the games with them when i was young in the 90's, unsure how popular it is in the US but it seemed to die down by the mid 2000's, to the extent that Anime on TV was limited to Pokemon and whatever junk Fox Kids didn't put to sleep, by 2010 Disney absorbed Fox kids and got rights to the Pokemon anime after the televised Darkrai movie.

Anime is pretty dead here now, im not counting 3D Franime (french anime) like Iron Man, since, well ya, and im pretty sure Disney buried anime with countless live action shows they made purely to make child stars but probably failed.

TV is pretty cruel, shame Europe doesn't have wide television with timezones that america has, then the higher ups would air more anime to milk merchandise.
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2373
KoL: Plucky, currently a Avatar of Jarlsberg
#18DrakoVongola1Posted 7/23/2013 7:37:32 PM
When you're dead. Unless you turn into some kind of video game playing ghost, that would be badass, in that case "too old" is when the world ends or your spirit is exorcised.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#19tirelatPosted 7/23/2013 8:11:57 PM
Compared with a lot of other games, the Pokemon series is actually well suited for older gamers. It doesn't require the kind of quick reflexes that a lot of other games are built around. It can be played casually, but also has an incredible amount of depth for more advanced players. Does it matter that the character in the game you're playing is a little boy or girl? I don't think it does. I'll still be playing these games when I'm retired. There's a lot of replay value in them.