This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

so the "biggest news of the century" is unrelated to that solitaire horse crap?

#11javel34Posted 7/27/2013 6:27:24 PM
GTomahawk posted...
XY has been cancelled for Horse Solitaire

Please be this. Gf needs as many people working on solitaire as possible.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 http://zettai-cosplay.deviantart.com/art/Skyla-Cosplay-244148531 my wife. Doesn't count Tiger, this ones real.
#12LexifoxPosted 7/27/2013 6:52:14 PM
Melkac posted...
gamester_12345 posted...
When that silhouette thing was revealed i thought it was going to be another Game Freak crossover, you know something to break Harvest Moon out of its regular loop and possibly into a great game* that wouldn't likely be overshadowed by Rune Factory.

Harvest Moon has really shrugged me despite only playing Friends of Mineral Town, just quite a few glitches, like losing the dog/toys or something, apparently later games are just as glitched, supposedly Rune Factory blows HM out the water for having the basics of farming and the generic dating thing but an actual story with monster combat. (Doubt that PSP Futuristic Harvest Moon even has a fanbase to speak of despite lasting for 2 titles...?)

Translation: I haven't played A New Beginning.

ANB is good, but the month long tutorial really hurts it.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#13NessEggmanPosted 7/27/2013 6:57:47 PM
gamester_12345 posted...
When that silhouette thing was revealed i thought it was going to be another Game Freak crossover, you know something to break Harvest Moon out of its regular loop and possibly into a great game* that wouldn't likely be overshadowed by Rune Factory.

Think about it, if Nintendo was co-developing the game, chances are they'd have a professional translation team and quality assurance, best of all there probably wouldn't have been that Boy (regular version) or Girl (Cute version) stuff that Natsume keeps pulling which indirectly introduces more bugs.

But Nintendo is also responsible for two versions of every Pokémon game, why wouldn't HM be different? Plus HMDSCute actually fixed a lot of the bugs that were in HMDS. It did introduce a couple new ones, but for the most part it was vastly improved.

Harvest Moon has really shrugged me despite only playing Friends of Mineral Town, just quite a few glitches, like losing the dog/toys or something, apparently later games are just as glitched,

The newer games are much more professionally done and much less glitchy. It's been like this for quite a while now. Like I'd say the last 6-8 releases... They also don't do the boy/girl separate versions anymore. That was a pretty short-lived thing, if you look at the entire life of the series.

supposedly Rune Factory blows HM out the water for having the basics of farming and the generic dating thing but an actual story with monster combat. (Doubt that PSP Futuristic Harvest Moon even has a fanbase to speak of despite lasting for 2 titles...?)

The people who say that are Rune Factory fanboys. It's not any different than saying "Supposedly Digimon blows Pokémon out of the water." They're actually pretty different. The farming in Rune Factory is usually much weaker than that of Harvest Moon, especially compared to the most recent HMs. The dating was a lot worse in the first two RF titles IMO (though some liked the RF2 dating). RF has evolved into its own unique series and is actually quite different from HM, to the point where you can't really compare them as much anymore, and they give pretty different experiences now. In fact, Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny didn't even really have farming at all.

Innocent Life didn't really last two titles -- there was just a PS2 port (called "Special Edition" but very little was added to it). I'm actually quite a fan of the game, but it's pretty bad and very tedious compared to other HM games.

Is it safe to agree that Rune Factory is basically Persona at this point in series spin-off prominence? even Fire Emblem Awakening is starting to do that to the rest of the..5 or so (?) FE titles that got there...4 or so if Europe.

Have you ever even been to a Harvest Moon board or Harvest Moon website? Harvest Moon is still extremely popular, and there are RF fans that are not HM fans, but that's generally a pretty small group. Most people who are playing RF are still HM fans in general. There are very few who really "graduated" to RF, and very few who started RF without really knowing HM and never got into HM.

There are TONS AND TONS of active Harvest Moon fansites and news sites (just like there are Pokémon ones), but none for Rune Factory in particular. A lot of HM sites happen to cover RF as well, and usually not as well as they cover HM.

Harvest Moon is definitely still the king of the crop.

I love both HM and RF but it's ridic to think RF has somehow overshadowed HM now.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515