This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should gamefreak reboot Pokemon?

#11FenriLokiPosted 7/23/2013 9:14:01 PM
Earth needs a reboot. Too many species.

That aside, I would hate for them to start fresh - I love the fact we have so many pokemon.
---
The official Megami Tensei Art Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board. Why? Why not? Because. Maybe. Exactly. My hair is bigger than you.
#12FryDays5000Posted 7/23/2013 9:28:52 PM
Second_Hokage posted...
Just hear me out, control yourself... Easy... There we go,

I love Pokemon games, however,

I think they should do things differently already, this series needs a reboot. We have WAAAY too many Pokemons. This series needs a fresh start.

And that is were I stopped reading. So what there too many pokemon? The more the merrier right? Variety is not a good thing? It isn't really an issue for the people who play for the "collecting" ya know.
---
Freiza may be cool, but his brother is..... COOLER(get it?)
3DS FC:0645-6947-9076
#13GRTooCoolPosted 7/23/2013 9:33:16 PM
Absolutely unnecessary.

If you want Pokemon in a different light, then that is what Mystery Dungeon and Conquest are for. They make spinoff games for a reason, I suppose.

Plus, this formula easily nets them millions and millions of dollars in sales. Why fix what isn't broken? If people stop buying it because they're all bored of it, then yeah...you would definitely consider a total reboot of sorts as a desperate measure. But rebooting it now when it's at an all time high would just be series suicide.
---
Anyone who supports DLC of any kind deserves a swift kick to the balls... repeatedly. Take a stand! Don't let companies take advantage of us!
#14mjalal100Posted 7/23/2013 9:34:38 PM
GRTooCool posted...
Absolutely unnecessary.

If you want Pokemon in a different light, then that is what Mystery Dungeon and Conquest are for. They make spinoff games for a reason, I suppose.

---
If I had a superpower, it would be the ability to defy logic.
#15pancakeboyPosted 7/23/2013 9:39:33 PM
No, because I know first-hand what reboots do to a franchise you like. It was that certain game from my childhood, that I can never get back... ;_;
---
Favorite Pokemon games: Blue, Yellow, Stadiums 1/2, Gold, Emerald, LeafGreen, Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue, Platinum, HeartGold, Black 2
#16jiggardPosted 7/23/2013 9:41:29 PM
you might think we have too much pokemon, but i don't think we have enough!
---
"I will sometimes say things that no one will normally say" - Harry Potter
"My Opinion is right and your opinion is wrong"- Ghandi
#17Oreno5267Posted 7/23/2013 9:42:30 PM
i thought gen 3 and gen 5 were reboots?
---
Hate me not for what I am, but rather yourself for what you could never be.
#18myusernametakenPosted 7/23/2013 9:58:20 PM
RE5 and DMC were crappy "reboots" to already successful franchises. If it aint broke, don't fix it.
---
3DS FC: 5086-1311-0466
#19ZTIger5Posted 7/23/2013 10:00:24 PM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
Simple answer: No.

I don't see a need to reboot. I'd be happy if they were to cut backwards compatibility and give us access to all the previous 649 in Gen VI, but that's about the extent of the reboot for me.

And don't even get me started on the "formula" talks, when just about every other Nintendo franchise pulls the same stunt (looking at you, "New" Super Mario Bros series, LoZ series)

Pretty much this. Just about every series Nintendo hosts has a base formula to it all the main games follow, as far as I've observed:

-Pokemon) Fight the gyms to get through the league, beat up the bad guys, and catch everything.
-Legend of Zelda) Fight through the temples to get the items to beat the bosses to open up more temples to get more items to beat more bosses to save Zelda from Ganondorf/Vaati/freak in tights.
-Mario) Jump on random critters and get power-ups to save Peach from Bowser.
-Fire Emblem) Lord goes to war, makes lots of friends, discovers ancient evil bent on destroying/ruling the world, and uses ancient weapons to kill/seal it for the last time.

I can't really say for Advance Wars, Metroid or a few others since I haven't played them as much, but those are my thoughts. The only series I can think of that totally switches things up between games is Final Fantasy, and to a lesser extent Tales. So is this something to complain about? Not really. Is it a problem for Pokemon? As long as they're still good quality games that continue to add to the lore and improve game mechanics, not at all. Are there Pokemon that we could stand to have removed? Honestly, yes, but none of them are without fans, so there would be some brutal backlash if they were. The Pokemon games are great how they are. There's no need to change or reboot them from square one.
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
#20FenriLokiPosted 7/23/2013 10:01:33 PM
myusernametaken posted...
RE5 and DMC were crappy "reboots" to already successful franchises. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

I don't think RE5 is a reboot. More of a total Genre Shift. Though you could say that was RE4. Genre shift.
---
The official Megami Tensei Art Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board. Why? Why not? Because. Maybe. Exactly. My hair is bigger than you.