This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should gamefreak reboot Pokemon?

#21kagster123Posted 7/23/2013 9:03:06 PM
They won't change the formula because people still buy the game no matter if its "stale."

Once sales are terrible, they may "reboot" the series.

Im just surprised that they dont just make a Pokemon MMO or f2p game with purchasable **** seeing as how those models are so profitable if done right.

I could see a Pokemon MMO easily dominating the market.
---
Pokemon White2 FC: 2667 0066 7803
Pokemon Black FC: 3869 5254 3412
#22CherryTangerinePosted 7/23/2013 9:18:25 PM
... How would you suggest that they "reboot" the series? (Technically, every new gen is a reboot.) The 8-badges-and-elite-4 system that they have in place gives the game plausible structure. Taking it out would leave... what? A Pokemon apocalypse? I don't know if that would work.
#23BetrayedTangyPosted 7/23/2013 11:17:27 PM
I feel like what pokemon could use is a game that includes all six generations, every region and keep the same gameplay, but enhance the story, have more interesting characters like N and maybe add in some extra gameplay elements like customization (which I think they're doing for gen 6) or plot choices and we could have a really new and fresh pokemon game
#24Arne83Posted 7/23/2013 11:25:45 PM
I don't care what you think...

Retconning current Pokemon out of existence = Bad idea.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals..." - Agent K.
#25Sir WillPosted 7/24/2013 5:11:11 AM
Changing stff like the story and basic gym formula is fine by me. But ignoring all the rpevious pokemon is stupid and asking for trouble.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#26DrakoVongola1Posted 7/24/2013 5:26:33 AM
myusernametaken posted...
RE5 and DMC were crappy "reboots" to already successful franchises. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

RE5 wasn't a reboot >_>
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#27deadpool848Posted 7/24/2013 5:31:49 AM
Gamefreak will stick to what works, and most fans are so far OK with that, if one of there pokemon games bombs and makes no profit, they will begin to reconsider the formula, but for now they will be sticking to it.
#28Luigi playerPosted 7/24/2013 5:37:26 AM
If our beloved Pokemon are gone, then I'm done with it. It's that simple. I don't care about anything else enough.

I like new Pokemon, but I don't want any of the old ones to go.
The can change up the story part of the game, and improve the other parts, but don't touch them Pokemon... it's just like with Smash Bros. I only play it because it has characters in it that I like. I don't care about any other fighter, because I don't care about any chars of them (exception being some that have hot girls in it, but the games themselves are still pretty boring).
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/
#29SakurafanboyPosted 7/24/2013 5:42:14 AM
No.

Removing all Pokemon? Yeah like that'd not cause riots... :/ Besides this has been making GameFreak and Nintendo non-stop money for almost 2 decades now. Why change it up and risk sales?
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin! (Official Riku of KHIII board)
#30ZabuzadonoPosted 7/24/2013 5:44:59 AM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
Simple answer: No.

I don't see a need to reboot. I'd be happy if they were to cut backwards compatibility and give us access to all the previous 649 in Gen VI, but that's about the extent of the reboot for me.

And don't even get me started on the "formula" talks, when just about every other Nintendo franchise pulls the same stunt (looking at you, "New" Super Mario Bros series, LoZ series)

Pretty much this. I wish we had access to more of the previous generation's pokemon in the current games. Including starters - even if it is only as Game Corner prizes in the post-game for 99999 coins, it is better than nothing.
---
Skyrim is the girl who keeps breaking my heart, yet is so hot I still keep coming back on the chance I may get to sleep with her again. - Spurner