This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, I just read the Ash theory for the first time...

#11GoldenSWarriorsPosted 7/23/2013 8:52:55 PM
This is all just silly stuff some bored guy made up. A pokemon evolving represents his willingness to change, and a pokemon not evolving represents his fear of change. How about some pokemon just evolve and there is no meaning behind it?
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
http://i.minus.com/iyd6J984Oz8cy.gif
#12PkmTrainerAbramPosted 7/23/2013 8:54:22 PM
BerserkLeon posted...
I like the theory where he's Red's mentally-challenged younger brother more.

The mute that stands on an ice cold mountian unprotected has more sense than a kid who makes mistakes in a battle sometimes? Isn't that kinda reversed?

Link pls.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Plat/HG(492/492, 4 Star Gold Card/5 Star Black Trainer Card,), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online sparingly)
#13Probit_ReturnPosted 7/23/2013 8:56:02 PM
Aysander posted...
I actually approve moreso of the Ho-Oh theory...

Ho-Oh is said to grant you happiness if you ever run into one in the wild; when Ash first saw Ho-Oh, it was glowing gold rather than displaying it's usual rainbow plumage. Therein, Ash's wish to have an eternal adventure was granted by Ho-Oh (As, at the time, that's like the only thing that would've made him happy).

But in reality, it really is just them wanting to keep the series "for kids" as opposed to making Ash eventually start maturing. lol.

I kinda have a variation of this theory that essentially boils down to "Ash dies to save Pikachu, and Ho-oh, seeing the devotion he had to his pokemon, decided to bring him back to life." That is, assuming I'm remembering things right, and he sees Ho-oh after waking up from the result of the Pikachu vs. Spearow/Fearow horde and the storm.
---
Hinako danced crazy
#14animesonicxPosted 7/23/2013 9:03:26 PM
I like it.
---
official Ninja gallade of the Pokemon boards
"MY NAME IS META FREAKING KNIGHT!"
#15Game__GuruPosted 7/23/2013 9:41:16 PM
I don't get why people are trying so hard to make the anime story fit. Do people really think the anime writers sat down 16 years ago and planned all of this as some coma patient's fevered dream? Playing connect the inaccuracies and continuity errors in the isn't going to lead to some profound deeper plotline.
#16PhoenicopterPosted 7/23/2013 10:35:23 PM
My main issue with it is that it references his getting struck by lightning/the bike incident, which happened in the first episode, but mentions several plot points that obviously weren't included in the first episode (Team Rocket, the presence of animals, references to cities that he hadn't been to yet)...
---
Feeny, a cop on the edge of ter!
Erotic Pen Hop!
#17BerserkLeonPosted 7/24/2013 10:01:05 AM
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
BerserkLeon posted...
I like the theory where he's Red's mentally-challenged younger brother more.

The mute that stands on an ice cold mountian unprotected has more sense than a kid who makes mistakes in a battle sometimes? Isn't that kinda reversed?

Link pls.

http://fyeahpokemoncreepypasta.tumblr.com/post/9584967276/brother-theory
Essentially this, but ther version I saw explained it more, saying that basically EVERYONE Ash meets knew Red and is only tagging along with Ash as a favor to Red. It's why all of his companions leave him, because they can only take so much of him.

His companions will find him sometimes yelling at rocks and such as if they were pokemon, "battling" them. So he's completely delusional in addition to being mentally handicapped.
And all the trainers he DOES beat are losing on purpose, again as a favor to Red.
#18PkmTrainerAbramPosted 7/24/2013 10:10:26 AM
So only Ash is supposed to be stupid all the time instead of the vast majority of trainers he meets actually being worse than him. The whole fighting rocks thing doesn't even make sense in cases where his comrades made stupid choices that make matters worse for HIM, like Iris in the Ferroseed Institute.

That's a really stupid theory.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Plat/HG(492/492, 4 Star Gold Card/5 Star Black Trainer Card,), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online sparingly)
#19Half-GhostPosted 7/24/2013 10:11:05 AM
LegendaryOozaru posted...
If he gets older, he'll start to take notice of all the sweet scent smelling Pokegirls in short tight skirts which will result in moments unsuitable for younger children, even japanese children.

So he'd be like Brock? Brock didn't cause mass hysteria.
#20AaronHutchPosted 7/24/2013 10:46:22 AM
the courage the cowardly dog theory is better
---
"Men hate marriage because they grow tired of being told there's something fundamentally wrong with them."