This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help me decide on a final team member in black

#31mondrae205Posted 7/23/2013 11:44:37 PM
sonicfanaticjtb posted...
mondrae205 posted...
You can get an axew in a cave to the right of the entrance of chargestone cave.

Huh. Didn't know that.

That said, I looked at Crustle, and he actually seems kinda interesting. I might use him, actually. I've never used him before, his stats ain't bad, and he's got a kinda cool movepoool.

I used him, be sure that if you do use him use sturdy since that can save you against surprise crits when at full health.
---
Congratulations, random chance is random and based on chance -Naucitos
#32sonicfanaticjtb(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 11:56:18 PM
EdwardDarkstar posted...
A good special attacking pokemon although a psychic type is reuniclus.

Some other pokemon (some types will overlap) I consider valuable are:

Seismitoad (high hp, good offense)
Klinklang (epic steel type)
Boldore (can take hits, deal damage)
Crustle (overall powerful)
Carracosta (incredibly powerful, IMO better than Samurott)
Archeops (deadly sweeper)
Haxorus (phys sweeper)
Krookodile (focus the speed and attack)
Scrafty (stats are oriented to defenses and phys attack)
Beartic (slow-ish, phys attacker)

Some are types you don't want to use because of overlapping and *other* reasons.

I've used reuniclus before. He's boring, both in game and competitively. Not that it matters. Reuniclus is White exclusive, I do believe.

Carracosta is good, but I've used him before. that, and overlap.

Beartic is something that I've thought 'bout using for awhile, but never did do to how late you get cubchoo.
---
"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"
"I don't give a damn what other people think. What do ya think about that?"
#33EdwardDarkstarPosted 7/24/2013 12:23:23 AM
The area before the 7th gym leader Brycen. Twist mountain. Be warned Brycen also uses a Beartic.

If you really rather have a special attacker, Cryogonal works. Cryogonal doesn't evolve, also found in twist mountain, very rare, search in the Winter for the greatest chance of finding it (percentage goes from 5% to 15%).
---
What's worse than getting dumped?
Being forced to listen to some 10 year old rage in his mic on BO2.
#34sonicfanaticjtb(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 12:37:36 AM
EdwardDarkstar posted...
The area before the 7th gym leader Brycen. Twist mountain. Be warned Brycen also uses a Beartic.

If you really rather have a special attacker, Cryogonal works. Cryogonal doesn't evolve, also found in twist mountain, very rare, search in the Winter for the greatest chance of finding it (percentage goes from 5% to 15%).

I've played through B/W like, 5 times at least. I'm quite aware of Brycen's boss pokémon, lol. Can't recall what else he uses...

The snowflake... It works and is interesting, but again, you get it really late... On top of being rare...

I think I'm gonna go with Crustle, though might consider Joltik more until I get to that point. Feel free to throw moar opinions my way, though! :D
---
#35EdwardDarkstarPosted 7/24/2013 12:41:41 AM
Any reason you don't want types to overlap?
---
#36AngryGFAQerPosted 7/24/2013 12:42:41 AM
I'm surprised no one mentioned Excadrill.

Your team is honestly 'meh', and you'll face difficulties in the E4 if you stick with the aforementioned roster. Using Pokemon you like is all good, but you need to assess their viability in the long run.
---
"I was garbage, the writing transformed," - Raiden
I'm Batman. I don't enjoy anything.
#37EdwardDarkstarPosted 7/24/2013 12:52:43 AM
AngryGFAQer posted...

Your team is honestly 'meh', and you'll face difficulties in the E4 if you stick with the aforementioned roster. Using Pokemon you like is all good, but you need to assess their viability in the long run.

I was thinking of mentioning Excadrill! :D
But TC doesn't want overlaps. :(

A team I used on one of my more successful runs was:

Serperior
Seismitoad
Klinklang
Reuniclus
Braviary
Zekrom
---
#38sonicfanaticjtb(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 1:06:09 AM
EdwardDarkstar posted...
Any reason you don't want types to overlap?

Slight OCDness when it comes to in game pokémanz.

AngryGFAQer posted...

I've used him before. He actually may be moar stupid powerful for in game than Darmanitan (Wanna make pokémon Black and White easy mode? Use Throh, Darmanitan, and Excadrill. Everything else is basically filler. Believe me, I've got experience here. ) That being said, I just got done using an Excadrill in White 2. I think I'm done with him for awhile, lol.

Doubt it. The E4 is actually pretty easy this gen. Not the easiest E4 mind you (that award goes to gen 2's E4. A complete joke unless you're playing the remakes. )
---