This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Serious Question about my Pokemon Black 2...

#1legendxofxskyPosted 7/23/2013 10:55:04 PM
Okay.

My Black 2 recently encountered a problem.

My hands were slippery from after taking a shower this mourning. While i was drying off, i grabbed my black 2 to put into my 3DS. Before that, i popped out my White 2 game to play my Black 2. While i popped out my white 2, i dropped my black 2 from my hands onto the floor. It hit the carpet. Thinking nothing happened, i put it in my 3DS, and turned it on. It loaded like normal, but as the white screen came on, about to show the Nintendo Logo, a blue screen appeared saying this:

"The Save Data could not be Accessed."

"Please Turn off your Console and reinsert your Cartridge."

Is there any way to fix this? I cannot get to the main menu, as it stops right at the loading screen.

I called nintendo and i will be able to ship the game to get it fixed (assuming my data is safe).

I was wondering if my save data is still viable, since it says it wasn't corrupted.

When it comes down to it: will i be able to keep my save data? Or does this mean i will never be able to recover it.

Any thoughts/advice is appreciated.

(Note: this is one of my maingame saves: which has about 700 pokemon onto it, including shinies, event legendaries, and lots and lots of level 100's, so the data is pretty important to me.)
---
Official Dragon Band-Wagon Leader of the Pokemon Boards! Fear ALL of us!
Put "#Dragons" in your sig if you join the Dragon Nation!
#2mondrae205Posted 7/23/2013 10:57:25 PM
be more careful about that stuff. water and electronics do not mix, you should know. not sure why water is not super effective against electric/steel types.
---
Congratulations, random chance is random and based on chance -Naucitos
#3KHEARTPOKEMONPosted 7/23/2013 10:58:40 PM
That sucks. It happened to my Platinum for no reason. It was fairly new to me, but a used game pak, so i didnt bother calling nintendo or anything. But for about 6 months its been like this so i dont know if time
is a solution for ya
---
B1 FC: 2366 2748 2343, B2 FC: 2022 9873 8215, W1 FC: 3612 1364 7388 http://tinyurl.com/aw8slee
Official Shiny Shuckle of Everywhere!
#4Duskull24Posted 7/23/2013 10:59:24 PM
At least it was your Black 2 you dropped. If it was the soap you'd have a whole other problem...
---
Not changing this sig until Gamefreak brings back the Trick Master. Started 9-19-10
#5mondrae205Posted 7/23/2013 10:59:53 PM
Duskull24 posted...
At least it was your Black 2 you dropped. If it was the soap you'd have a whole other problem...

ROFL
---
Congratulations, random chance is random and based on chance -Naucitos
#6PrettyTonyTigerPosted 7/23/2013 11:03:11 PM
People still have carpeting in their homes?
Wall to wall carpeting is disgusting, insanitary and should not exist in any household. Just PULL it up and you'll be shocked with what u see under there. Replace it with some nice wood floor and you will never look back to carpet ever again, best believe me when i say that.
---
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
I am god basically
#7DweezleMoonunitPosted 7/23/2013 11:04:58 PM
PrettyTonyTiger posted...
People still have carpeting in their homes?
Wall to wall carpeting is disgusting, insanitary and should not exist in any household. Just PULL it up and you'll be shocked with what u see under there. Replace it with some nice wood floor and you will never look back to carpet ever again, best believe me when i say that.

Classy man.
---
What does a nosy pepper do? It gets Jalapeno business.
Official Frank Zappa of Every Board
#8pixarperfectPosted 7/23/2013 11:10:23 PM
I always fear that happening dude. I feel bad for you. I learned once with a cell phone that it's not worth the risk to bring electronics into the bathroom with you. The five minutes it takes you to dry up and get out is a worthwhile wait to save your electronics.

As far as your black 2, I'd let it dry out if it's from wet equipment. If it's because you dropped the game you'll probably have to start over. That would be the preferred of the two because if you put a wet game into a 3DS I'd hate to see what that could do to the system.
---
My 3DS fc: 2809-7944-1929
Feel free to add me, PM me your fc code!
#9HardHorseJamPosted 7/23/2013 11:17:35 PM
You could try the link below, I did this once when my Leafgreen was not recognised by the DS and it worked afterwards. But I used water, not alcohol.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5108701_fix-nintendo-ds-game.html