This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think Pikachu will be found in the Kalos region early on??

#1-Oath-Posted 7/24/2013 5:59:31 AM
It's been a very long time since I started my adventure with a pikachu. Since gen one. Pikachu fills me with nostalgia from yellow. Yellow will always be my all time favorite. (Pikachu and all three starters, how epic) but anyway, I'd love to start my adventure with a pikachu by my side. At least early on ish. Do you think it's possible? Pikachu will always be my favorite little underdog =3
#2Kumori_no_YoruPosted 7/24/2013 6:11:01 AM
I'm expecting mid-game for Pikachu.

I like Pikachu, but it isn't something I'd really use, mostly due to the fact there's always something I like more than it in terms of Electric-types (Electabuzz, Manectric, Luxray, etc.) so it wounds up never being used in a team for me.
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: SMTIV
#3-Oath-(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 6:15:26 AM
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...

I like Pikachu, but it isn't something I'd really use, mostly due to the fact there's always something I like more than it in terms of Electric-types (Electabuzz, Manectric, Luxray, etc.) so it wounds up never being used in a team for me.

I know exactly what you mean, especially with Helio and all. I really like Helio. That's why I wouldn't be very disappointed. I'm hoping Pikachu is at least in this game. I saw him in a trailer, but I also saw a charizard. So, you never know.
#4SOLDIER_BankaiPosted 7/24/2013 6:52:24 AM
-Oath- posted...
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...

I know exactly what you mean, especially with Helio and all. I really like Helio. That's why I wouldn't be very disappointed. I'm hoping Pikachu is at least in this game. I saw him in a trailer, but I also saw a charizard. So, you never know.

We'll probably get Pikachu, seeing how we did get the whole "Wild Pikachu appeared!" bit. Charizard was likely just there to be shown in its new model.

I'm planning on getting a Pikachu myself, I just hope there's an actual way to get a Light Ball this time. -_-
#5SlimeStackPosted 7/24/2013 6:57:13 AM
I know early trailers aren't the best source of info, but we saw a wild Pikachu appear in the first forest so it wouldn't be much of a stretch for that to be the case in the game, considering that's how it debuted in RB.
---
Blah.
#6-Oath-(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 11:39:17 AM
Is Volt tackle still only obtainable by breeding? We really do need an easier way to get light ball. If I remember, the pikachu line are the only Pokemon to get volt tackle. Maybe they should give it a little boost. Or at least easier to obtain. Less recoil at least. A light ball volt tackle from pikachu is almost KO for it.
#7caddiwPosted 7/24/2013 11:45:09 AM
Wow I did not see this topic and just made one asking the same thing.

Obviously I'm hoping we can get Pikachu and light ball early on.

BTW do think it'll say its name in battle if pokemon-amie is any indication?
---
Started from the bottom now we're here.
#8-Oath-(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 11:49:00 AM
caddiw posted...

Lol did you? More opinions and thoughts never hurt.

That would be pretty sweet!

"Pikachu, I choose you!"
#9caddiwPosted 7/24/2013 11:53:39 AM
-Oath- posted...
caddiw posted...

Lol did you? More opinions and thoughts never hurt.

That would be pretty sweet!

"Pikachu, I choose you!"

I know right and when its KO'ed(nooo lol) it'll say its classic chaaa! from pokemon yellow.
---
Started from the bottom now we're here.
#10EstheimasterPosted 7/24/2013 12:24:59 PM
I hope he's available early... he is the series mascot and deserves a chance to be used by all newcomers to the series.

I wouldn't use him, but that's only because I've used him several times in the past (Red, Fire Red, and Soul Silver). If I feel like feeling nostalgic, I'll grab him, but I think others should get the chance to use this lovable electric mouse.

As a side note, I always find it hard to use old Pokemon on my first playthrough of a generation. When it was rumored that you can get the Kanto Starters in this game, I thought for sure I'd use Charizard, who would be both my Fly-Slave and Fire type. However, that was before Litleo was announced, and now my team will have 2 Fire types if I get Charizard. My only other option for using a Kanto starter midgame now is Squirtle (Chespin will be my starter) as a Surf slave if I don't like any new Water types too much.
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku