This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would people feel about Castform getting more attention?

#1ZTIger5Posted 7/24/2013 7:08:18 AM
Should Castform get new forms and evolutions? - Results (50 votes)
Yes, both please!
38% (19 votes)
Just new forms.
30% (15 votes)
Just the Rock-type Sandstorm form.
8% (4 votes)
Just the Ghost-type Fog form.
0% (0 votes)
Evolutions and the Sandstorm form, but not Fog.
10% (5 votes)
No, it doesn't need either.
14% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I was just thinking with how a lot of people are saying weather effects should get buffs, maybe Castform could stand to get some power-ups as well.

* I would like to see Castform get a Rock-type Sandstorm form, since Weather Ball already benefits from it while Castform doesn't transform and takes damage from Sandstorm.
* I'm also interested in making Fog a usable weather effect that potentially weakens Fire a little, while slightly boosting Water, Ice, Ghost and Electric and giving all active Pokemon an accuracy penalty until its blown away. Castform's transformation for Fog would be Ghost-type.
* Lastly what I think would be interesting is introducing type-exclusive evolutions for Castform with weather-summoning abilities. For example, Castform could evolve into a Water-type at Lv30 after a battle ending in Rain, earning Drizzle for its ability instead of Forecast.

What do you think?
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
#2pokemonfreak97Posted 7/24/2013 8:03:43 AM
Fog doesn't exist as of Gen V, right?
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.
#3ScarletMeowthPosted 7/24/2013 8:10:36 AM
I love Castform, but he is useless. An evolution - and some new forms - could make him viable on weather teams.
#4-Oath-Posted 7/24/2013 8:41:18 AM
Maybe add a rotom like system to transform him and give him an ability like forecast (if that doesn't already exist) and depending on his form he could get drought or drizzle or other weather .
#5Ubergeneral3Posted 7/24/2013 8:55:48 AM
It needs better stats are a more reliable way to use it's gimmick.

Not forms or an evolution.
---
The following pokemon will be retyped to fairy. If not I will close my account.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66775664
#6SilverSockPosted 7/24/2013 10:07:02 AM
Not that I'm against your fog idea in principle TC, but let's not power up water types with weather anymore...
---
3DS FC-2552-1309-1796 Name: Indy
#7ZTIger5(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 10:13:57 AM
SilverSock posted...
Not that I'm against your fog idea in principle TC, but let's not power up water types with weather anymore...

Fair enough.
---
Waiting) Pokemon XY
#8ZTIger5(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 10:15:18 AM
Accidentally ended the poll when I meant to change Fog's effects ^^; Still, you can just post your thoughts on the proposal.
---
Waiting) Pokemon XY
#9AsdfYunsungfdsAPosted 7/24/2013 10:31:16 AM
Castform needs better stats. It's barely usable in-game as things stand, and not because of its movepool. The concept of a weather adapting pokemon is great but there's nothing that distinguishes it for that role other than its ability and weatherball, making it outclassed by any special sweeper for specific weather teams.
---
Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/thecrazyazn