This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Now Smogon wants to ban Kyurem-Black.

#1DaVeBaTiStAFaNPosted 7/24/2013 7:11:03 AM
This is getting ridiculous. Why do they feel the need to ban anything that's more than "Really good"?
---
dave batista is my idol
3ds friend code - 3050 8064 0629
#2InhaledCornPosted 7/24/2013 7:13:05 AM
Really? It's not that strong.

Sure, it's got raw attack, but very little to use it with.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#3DaVeBaTiStAFaN(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 7:14:00 AM
InhaledCorn posted...
Really? It's not that strong.

Sure, it's got raw attack, but very little to use it with.

They operate with the mindset "It's too good, it needs to be banned." That's why they also are soon going to ban Keldeo, which has at least 10 pokemon in OU that resists both it's STABs.
---
dave batista is my idol
#4_Quest_Posted 7/24/2013 7:18:13 AM
No. The mindset for banning is 'over-centralising the metagame'.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3780-9494-9880
Steam ID: bamseyboy
#5-Oath-Posted 7/24/2013 7:19:00 AM
They are pretty much banning everything. I mean, who bans a blaziken? Sure, speed boost version, but not everyone wants to use a broken speed boost blaziken. They set certain specifics for rain teams, but not for blaze blaziken? Lol
#6DaVeBaTiStAFaN(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 7:19:57 AM
_Quest_ posted...

Kyurem-Black is extremely uncommon and bordering Underused.
---
dave batista is my idol
#7Ether_SwordPosted 7/24/2013 7:21:38 AM
DaVeBaTiStAFaN posted...
_Quest_ posted...

Kyurem-Black is extremely uncommon and bordering Underused.

I agree, I don't see him that often on PO and when I do, I don't lose against them.
#8LexifoxPosted 7/24/2013 7:25:07 AM
-Oath- posted...
They are pretty much banning everything. I mean, who bans a blaziken? Sure, speed boost version, but not everyone wants to use a broken speed boost blaziken. They set certain specifics for rain teams, but not for blaze blaziken? Lol

"Can I use Scizor in UU if I don't use Technician?"
"Is Dragonite only OU if I use its hidden ability? Can Inner Focus Dragonite go in other tiers?"

etc.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#9Lucario8641Posted 7/24/2013 7:25:23 AM
-Oath- posted...

Speed Boost is the reason why he's banned, being faster than your opponent is everything in the metagame, also with his awesome attack stat for a starter and having a stabbed 130 base attack move, it is easy why you see him on this list.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0819-6303-7877 ; Pokemon White 2 FC: 2967-6506-0633
PSN: Athletic8641
#10Ether_SwordPosted 7/24/2013 7:30:20 AM
Lexifox posted...
-Oath- posted...

"Can I use Scizor in UU if I don't use Technician?"
"Is Dragonite only OU if I use its hidden ability? Can Inner Focus Dragonite go in other tiers?"

etc.

No one is asking about that but only about Blaziken. Blaziken was always what it was in the past. Not a hard concept to grasp. Which is: putting him back in the tier he was once was without having speed boost since its always been that way and still should be that way. Those bad examples were never that way in the first place. Dragonite in UU? xD