This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

does the nintendo 3ds have the technology to add more pokemon as DLC?

#1Ubergeneral3Posted 7/24/2013 9:06:55 AM
I think they let us download more characters in fire emblem. But was it disk locked content? Or was it something they made after the fact?

For pokemon could they make DLC and have more new pokemon to catch?
---
The following pokemon will be retyped to fairy. If not I will close my account.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66775664
#2XavuuPosted 7/24/2013 9:12:00 AM
I doubt they would do that.
---
Choice Band STAB surprise Quick Attack; Staraptor.
#3nickwarrior5Posted 7/24/2013 9:12:26 AM
pokemon wont be DLC and they let us transfer from older gen's.
---
3DS FC: 1048-8814-6431
#4GRTooCoolPosted 7/24/2013 9:38:32 AM
Whether they have the technology to do it or not... they better not even think twice about doing DLC. Not for Pokemon.
---
Anyone who supports DLC of any kind deserves a swift kick to the balls... repeatedly. Take a stand! Don't let companies take advantage of us!
#5SlimeStackPosted 7/24/2013 9:44:28 AM
3DS DLC is genuine new content DLC, so yes, GameFreak could implement that if they wanted. It would be an interesting way of keeping event legendaries a secret.

It'll be fun to see blind DLC hatred in this topic despite the fact that Pokémon has had disc-locked items and Pokémon that can only be activated by download either wirelessly or by a special event station since Red and Blue.
---
Blah.
#6Firelion6593Posted 7/24/2013 9:46:13 AM
They already have. They're called Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, Jirachi, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#7X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/24/2013 9:46:59 AM
SlimeStack posted...
3DS DLC is genuine new content DLC, so yes, GameFreak could implement that if they wanted. It would be an interesting way of keeping event legendaries a secret.

It'll be fun to see blind DLC hatred in this topic despite the fact that Pokémon has had disc-locked items and Pokémon that can only be activated by download either wirelessly or by a special event station since Red and Blue.

I didn't know those games were on a Floppy or Compact.

But yeah those locked content didn't cost money.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender || PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to. 3DS: 2921 9091 2567
#8DrakoVongola1Posted 7/24/2013 9:47:15 AM
GRTooCool posted...
Whether they have the technology to do it or not... they better not even think twice about doing DLC. Not for Pokemon.

Why not? You know DLC doesn't have to be paid, right? It can be free.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#9Zero97Posted 7/24/2013 9:49:13 AM
Yes, Now they can keep events secrets.
---
3DS: 0173-1416-4513
NNID: Zero97
#10SlimeStackPosted 7/24/2013 9:56:14 AM
X_Ayumi_X posted...
SlimeStack posted...

I didn't know those games were on a Floppy or Compact.

But yeah those locked content didn't cost money.

Doesn't matter if the game is on a disc or not, disc-locked content is just a phrase meaning the content is already in the game.

DLC doesn't have to cost money either. Lots of DLC is free.
---
Blah.