This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

does the nintendo 3ds have the technology to add more pokemon as DLC?

#11GensokyoPosted 7/24/2013 9:59:38 AM
SlimeStack posted...
3DS DLC is genuine new content DLC, so yes, GameFreak could implement that if they wanted. It would be an interesting way of keeping event legendaries a secret.

That wouldn't work as it would require everyone to download a patch after said legendary is released, as the people who didn't get the legendary would still need that information when trading/battling with other people. Even if just doing it by wireless.

Let's say me and my friend trade and battle wireless with each other often. He has no means of going online, while I do, and I decide to download the new legendary. Suddenly we would be unable to interact with each other because his game is missing the required information that comes with said legendary DLC.

It would just create a huge mess. Something that was never present in previous games, all for the sake of keeping a certain Pokémon secret for just a few months after release.
#12WiiareVenomPosted 7/24/2013 10:05:20 AM
GRTooCool posted...
Whether they have the technology to do it or not... they better not even think twice about doing DLC. Not for Pokemon.

To bad that Pokemon might have invented DLC. On "disk" at that. Here's lookin at Mew.
---
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.
#13adept89Posted 7/24/2013 10:06:47 AM
I honestly think it could be kinda cool. I'd easily pay GF a little more if it meant getting other Pokemon. I like supporting series that I enjoy.
---
Heavypress.
Human beings are just so damn interesting!
#14SlimeStackPosted 7/24/2013 10:07:07 AM
@Gensokyo: It would only take a second to download a new Pokémon. Wouldn't be that hard to just automatically receive it any time you interact with a friend or the internet. If it were a large DLC I'd see your point, but a Pokémon is literally a few bytes plus a texture and a cry. Almost nothing.

Besides, I wasn't really suggesting anything seriously. Just that it would be interesting to have an event legendary that no one can data mine.
---
Blah.
#15sumuthergamerPosted 7/24/2013 10:07:35 AM
I wouldn't mind it for event legendaries, as long as they don't cost money. That's basically what they have been doing anyway, it's just a change in semantics.
That would actually be better for GameFreak. The current method of implementing event legends, if I'm right, is storing that information on the cartridge from the beginning with download being required to activate it. Now they can add in event legends any time they want after the game comes out, using DLC stuff.
---
sumuthergamer = some other gamer. Get it?
Call me "gamer", not "sumu"...
#16SlimeStackPosted 7/24/2013 10:09:51 AM
sumuthergamer posted...
I wouldn't mind it for event legendaries, as long as they don't cost money. That's basically what they have been doing anyway, it's just a change in semantics.
That would actually be better for GameFreak. The current method of implementing event legends, if I'm right, is storing that information on the cartridge from the beginning with download being required to activate it. Now they can add in event legends any time they want after the game comes out, using DLC stuff.

Adding to that, Pokémon like Kyurem could have their formes on all games instead of being missing from the first two.
---
Blah.
#17WiiareVenomPosted 7/24/2013 10:14:03 AM
sumuthergamer posted...

If it keeps the Event legends available for much longer, I almost wouldn't mind paying a little bit for them<.<
---
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.
#18GensokyoPosted 7/24/2013 10:14:37 AM
SlimeStack posted...
@Gensokyo: It would only take a second to download a new Pokémon. Wouldn't be that hard to just automatically receive it any time you interact with a friend or the internet. If it were a large DLC I'd see your point, but a Pokémon is literally a few bytes plus a texture and a cry. Almost nothing.

Besides, I wasn't really suggesting anything seriously. Just that it would be interesting to have an event legendary that no one can data mine.

If that data could also be sent to each other wirelessly automatically when interacting with each other, without any internet connection, sure, then it shouldn't be a problem.

It still seems like a lot of work for keeping people from finding out about a Pokémon early, though.
#19CakeOfLiesPosted 7/24/2013 10:41:41 AM
So we can buy data for more Pokemon so that if we use those, we can't battle the same people?

Or buying event Pokemon instead of just getting them for free?
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#20deadpool848Posted 7/24/2013 10:43:04 AM
I wouldnt mind adding regions as DLC.