This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Screw Whitney's Miltank, anyone remember Winona's Altaria?

#1Worm199Posted 7/24/2013 2:30:57 PM
Having beaten Winona Again, I have realised how much of a harder time I had with Altaria than I ever had with Miltank.

That dragon bird was the absolute worst, it could sweep with Dragon Dance and it had just the movepool to mess up pretty much every possible Pokemon you could have at this point. I hated fighting that Pokemon so much, the only way I could beat it was to let my Koffing selfdestruct.
---
''Wisest is he who knows, that he knows nothing'' - Socrates
I would like to change that to ''Wisest is the wrestling fan who knows nothing beforehand''
#2AysanderPosted 7/24/2013 2:35:00 PM
I think the reason I didn't have a problem is b/c of Ice Beam...but I do acknowledge that thing CAN be a pain at times.
#3FuneralCakePosted 7/24/2013 2:38:38 PM
I don't remember anything about Winona, honestly. I probably murdered Altaria with an Ice attack.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#4IndianaJones65Posted 7/24/2013 2:41:45 PM(edited)
i remember dying to aerial ace as sceptile or blaziken but i think i did fine with swampert
---
GameFAQs Win/Loss Record: 16/30 ; FCs in profile.
#5fahademonPosted 7/24/2013 2:42:48 PM
My blaziken literally OHKOd winona's team.Didnt have any trouble.
---
3DS FC:3222-6949-4801 | Tell me if you add me so I can add you back. :)
Waiting for:Jump Stars Victory Vs,Pokemon X/Y,Super Smash Bros(3DS).
#6Worm199(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 2:44:56 PM
How is it even possible to OHKO that team with Blaziken by that point? You must have been really lucky.

And how the heck did you get ice beam? There aren't any Ice-types able for catching until after the battle.
---
''Wisest is he who knows, that he knows nothing'' - Socrates
I would like to change that to ''Wisest is the wrestling fan who knows nothing beforehand''
#7DuncanwiiPosted 7/24/2013 2:57:06 PM(edited)
Worm199 posted...
How is it even possible to OHKO that team with Blaziken by that point? You must have been really lucky.

And how the heck did you get ice beam? There aren't any Ice-types able for catching until after the battle.

Mauville Game Corner and that wrecked ship have the TM, and most Water types can learn Ice Beam.
---
Sister-How would you feel if you were playing a game, and in that game, Mario was a baby? Me-I'd be playing Yoshi's Island, so I would be feeling great.
#8ZabuzadonoPosted 7/24/2013 2:58:51 PM
That Altaria was CHEAP!!!

#1) Level 33 Altaria (Swablu evolved at 35)
#2) Dragon Dance (Altaria doesn't learn it until 40)
#3) Dragonbreath (Altaria doesn't learn it until 35, and it always seemed to paralyze)
#4) Earthquake (TM doesn't show up until AFTER the 7th gym)

So you couldn't wall it with most steels (Skarmory is the only exception), couldn't think about bringing in a Grass type to Seed / Status it, and if you didn't pack an ice or dragon move, you were stuck with neutral hits while it paralyzed, set up and swept you...
---
Skyrim is the girl who keeps breaking my heart, yet is so hot I still keep coming back on the chance I may get to sleep with her again. - Spurner
#9Mudkip43Posted 7/24/2013 3:06:38 PM
I remember my Marshtomp's Ice Beam.
---
1249 6550 4063 Black 2 FC
#10Missingno_MastrPosted 7/24/2013 3:08:10 PM
In Sapphire, I believe my Tentacruel had Ice Beam at that point.
---
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/110trainer#0 http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://imageshack.us/a/img189/1407/jh6l.gif