This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Screw Whitney's Miltank, anyone remember Winona's Altaria?

#21OsrangerPosted 7/24/2013 4:53:42 PM
Beat it with minun. I lost once to her only once before I learned that Altaria was dragon type. After, I just weakened it with swellow before sending out minun.
---
If a tree falls in a forest, and no one is around to hear it, does it still have an affect on your life since you saw this question?
#22fahademonPosted 7/24/2013 5:14:30 PM
Worm199 posted...
How is it even possible to OHKO that team with Blaziken by that point? You must have been really lucky.

And how the heck did you get ice beam? There aren't any Ice-types able for catching until after the battle.

My Blaziken was lv.41.Blaze Kick was all I needed.And Slash for Altaria.
---
3DS FC:3222-6949-4801 | Tell me if you add me so I can add you back. :)
Waiting for:Jump Stars Victory Vs,Pokemon X/Y,Super Smash Bros(3DS).
#23darkshadowspawnPosted 7/26/2013 8:42:28 PM
Zabuzadono - More worrying is the fact that they're all illegal moves at that point anyway.
---
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh
#24GalladetheGreatPosted 7/26/2013 8:51:05 PM
Juan's Kingdra was much harder.
---
Don't get mad, get gllad.
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/404951/chocula_medium.jpg
#25SinExDeathPosted 7/27/2013 12:53:25 AM
2HKO Sceptile with Rock Tomb. Was also during a period of time when all I would use would be my starter.
---
Asketh Ky to Sol, "Heaven or Hell?" and Sol, being of Gear did say "Let's Rock."
Roman Cancels 1:14
#26KajagogoPosted 7/27/2013 2:44:35 AM
I remember knocking it out in one hit with Ice Beam before it could attack.
#27shrooboid313Posted 7/27/2013 5:22:02 AM
I never really had a problem with Winona, I had more problems with Norman. Since I'm not really a fan of Fighting types (except for Mienshao which hadn't been introduced at that point) I never really had anything that powerful against his Slakings.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shrooboid313?feature=mhee
Please check out my YouTube channel. I do game walkthroughs.
#28JoJoX200Posted 7/27/2013 6:33:37 AM
In my current playthrough of Sapphire, I had more problems with Norman than with Winona. My team is always evenly leveled with the current Gym leader, meaning I had to face Norman's fully evolved team with Combusken. Worked out well thanks to Bulk Up, except his Vigoroth outsped and triple critted my bulked up starter.

For Winona, I had to resort to Rock Tomb, since my Blaziken had no Slash yet and I derped out and didn't get Icebeam for Crawdaunt(thought it was only accessible with Dive). I was really lucky since Altaria decided to just keep dancing(probably because Rock Tomb set its speed back to normal everytime).
With Ice Beam and the water type you should have by that point, Winona really is a joke tough.
#29EmeraldRangePosted 7/27/2013 6:48:57 AM
It was easy. Swampert at half health just kept Surfing. I don't know why but Altaria kept using Dragon Dance and It killed Swampert at barely enought HP and then voila! Manectric finally comes out. The reason may be the overleveled Swampert but he did fight through all her other pokemon
---
Don't read this sentence.