This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For those of you upset that there is no clock on the bottom screen now

#31HipsterManPrime(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 4:23:20 PM
X_Ayumi_X posted...
HipsterManPrime posted...
You can't be serious? Cellphones are for emergencies? With that logic iPhones and android phones would not exist.

As for the 99% time when you want to see the time, just hit the home button durring the game.

I guess you were born in the 21st century, but yeah cellphones are for emergency.

I'm 24, thank you very much, but I guess you were born in the 1930s gramps if you still think cell phones are ONLY for emergencies.

Cell phones can be helpfully in emergency issues, but they are used much more than that in 2013.
#32kabigon20Posted 7/24/2013 4:23:54 PM
X_Ayumi_X posted...
You can't be serious? Cellphones are for emergencies? With that logic iPhones and android phones would not exist.

As for the 99% time when you want to see the time, just hit the home button durring the game.

I guess you were born in the 21st century, but yeah cellphones are for emergency.

I was born in 1992 and no :)
---
Brawl fc: 0946-1910-2716 Pokemon Black 2 fc: 5372-8298-8628
Ruby/Sapphire remakes will be part of 6th gen on 3DS. If not, I'll close my account.
#33HipsterManPrime(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 4:27:20 PM
FuneralCake posted...
To honestly answer the question: just look at the bottom screen.

Then you should be able to understand why people are complaining about it. Why would you rather just look at the bottom screen? Because it's more convenient, right? Right.

I guarantee that almost everyone complaining about it realizes that it's an extremely minor thing to be complaining about. Even so, it is still an inconvenience, no matter how small it may be.

Thank you! I actually agree with this!!!
#34CharizardFirePosted 7/24/2013 4:32:16 PM
The clock is overrated. It doesn't even have an AM/PM feature outside of Japan.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#35HipsterManPrime(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 4:34:03 PM
TranquilSea posted...
However, having no in-game real time clock is the STUPIDEST compliant I've heard in a while. Infact when I saw the new screen shots today, i was like: "cool, pokemon ico sprites are coming back and the game looks polished." Never would I have ever even realized the clock was gone from gen V to VI. Even though I spent THOUSANDS of hours playing gen V games.

What's stupid is omitting a good design choice that was in a previous generation/game, something that GameFreak is notorious for doing.

You see, but you do not observe, so I don't think you're in any position to be judging complaints.

I personally believe the games have gotten better and better with each gen. From the sound of your argument, it almost seems like we should look for things to complain about, no matter how big or small.

Sure the clock in gen V was a good design choice, but it's now not necessary due to the fact that you can press a button and BOOM, now you know what time it was.

If this were something like "all battles require real life money, or restrictions in general that are actual bad game designs, then yeah, there should be complainers.
#36Second_ChancesPosted 7/24/2013 4:34:40 PM
CharizardFire posted...

I still have no idea why they did that or thought it was a good idea.
#37DrakoVongola1Posted 7/24/2013 4:34:44 PM
CharizardFire posted...

Is an AM/PM thing really necessary?
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#38kabigon20Posted 7/24/2013 4:42:11 PM
CharizardFire posted...

BAWW MILITARY TIME IS 2 HARD 4 ME BAWWW ;_;
---
Brawl fc: 0946-1910-2716 Pokemon Black 2 fc: 5372-8298-8628
Ruby/Sapphire remakes will be part of 6th gen on 3DS. If not, I'll close my account.
#39FuneralCakePosted 7/24/2013 4:42:36 PM
kabigon20 posted...
BAWW MILITARY TIME IS 2 HARD 4 ME BAWWW ;_;

It is pretty difficult. Subtraction isn't easy.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#40Toasty_KabalPosted 7/24/2013 4:43:58 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
CharizardFire posted...

Is an AM/PM thing really necessary?

You've obviously never woken up locked in a dark basement with only a pokemon game to tell you the time.
---
PSN: TheLoneCthulhu